Discussion: Schiff: Steve Bannon 'Doesn't Belong In The White House'

(Blows dust off)Ah, the Witless Protection Program, eh?
Edit: Is that KellyAnne?

He could be called No Drama Schiff as opposed to the big mouths named Weiner and Grayson. Where are they now?

4 Likes

Hmmm. What to make of this?

When they start that, other Democrats have to speak up and defend him. They have to fight back, blow for blow. I daresay the country’s been waiting for Democrats to fight and people (other than the hopelessly unfit to vote at all) will like it. My sixth sense tells me the current feistiness is getting noticed, and it’s turning some heads.

3 Likes

But House committee is still probably going to continue to be a ridiculous compromised mess anyway. If anything saves the day it will probably be the Senate version.

2 Likes

That’s the lady wife of Eric The Clueless who BTW is carrying a spawn. Good news for none of us.

Yeah I agree.

A hot temper isn’t a bad thing to have if you’re in Congress but it’s a terrible characteristic for a president or a cabinet member.

1 Like

I think Schiff will hold enough feet to the fire to make this thing move forward. Nunes wasn’t having it, but these other guys know Schiff is a force to be reckoned with.

1 Like

He was demoted from voting council, but still has top security clearance and is eligible to attend all meetings. I read this article yesterday which sure didn’t bring me happiness: http://www.newsweek.com/bannon-will-be-fine-579713
There is also a video of Alex Jones going off on Schiff. He is obviously a threat to them.

1 Like

The hairless boy must have heard the keening from the Greek chorus…
The Deus Ex Trumpina needs a Deus Ex Machina, go figure.

1. Ditch GOP
  2. Single payer
  3. Massive re-build with PUBLIC funds including new Space station at L point
    a) Space Force
    b) Eat Chinese and Russian space lunch

It might just be one term so get out front and then let somebody else worry about it like usual…

2 Likes

Speed Racer goes skiing…

1 Like

The ranting and raving does not do good for people like Elizabeth Warren. I love her and she makes sense on policy, but she gets way too theatrical sometimes, and it turns off centrist voters. She does not need to put on a show, she already has substance. And I said before Castro’s statement that people will be going to jail was totally unnecessary and counterproductive. It was self serving, and unprofessional for a person on the committee to be saying that.

Schiff’s MO is perfect, he’s a pro. Love to see him in a debate, he would shred his opponent with out even raising his voice.

3 Likes

We need both the fighters – and the thinkers. Teamwork.

8 Likes

21st Centurians…

It was the he had only attended 1 meeting, until yesterday - after he was demoted. Wonder what he is trying to accomplish because the move only makes him look like he has gone from all powerful (don’t even bother to attend the meetings) to pathetic (oops its important, I’ll go to the meeting I am still allowed to go to - that I have skipped all but one time in the past.)

She inspires us – which we desperately need, but she also is so blunt that she becomes a huge target. Good leadership requires a special combination of intelligence, sophisticated communication skills and personality. We don’t see it often – we get more posturing than authenticity – which is why when Obama showed up he had such an enormous impact. Trump actually knows this and it drives his jealous ego crazy.

3 Likes

Biggest clue was his desk in the middle of Michelle Obama’s garden…

1 Like

Just so. But we need some people with a fire in their belly too, because as many people as Warren’s in your facedness turns off, Schiff’s intellectuality turns off others. I’m speaking here of the Independent voters, not Democrats per se. But we can’t win with only Democrats per se, so we need diverse messengers – the big tent as a literal gestalt.

@feathered_head “both the fighters and the thinkers.” Exactly.

3 Likes

Bannon is gonna be at the meetings now because the one who installed him in the White House – Rebekah Mercer – is demanding he give her money’s worth. I encourage anyone who has not read Jane Mayer’s article in The New Yorker on the Mercers take the opportunity to read it. Its eye-popping. And it puts into perspective the internet privacy order that Trump just signed. If the Mercers get what they want, we will never again have a free and fair election. They are that dangerous – and Bannon is their mole in our White House.

5 Likes

Schiff is correct about Bannon not belonging in the White House in any capacity, not even as a tourist. It is however equally true that Little Donnie Trump does not belong there either.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available