Discussion: Schiff: Steve Bannon 'Doesn't Belong In The White House'

Hilarious image.

1 Like

ā€¦but that is a picture of Eric Trump one of the other Princes.

Team. A bench. Real expertise not inherited or sleeping withā€¦

1 Like

I cannot read Kushner at all. His face is an expressionless mask and I donā€™t even know what his voice sounds like. I have absolutely no idea who he is ā€“ except that he is in service to his father in law.

That sounds about right. Off to go reread (more carefully) the article: New Yorker: The Reclusive Hedge Fund Tycoon Behind the Trump Presidency

2 Likes

Totallyā€¦Kabuki. Maybe heā€™ll soon switch to the war mask, itā€™s Big Daddyā€™s color.

I sincerely want Warren to stay in the Senate. I need her gadfly attitude to keep the bright light shining on these Senate dopes in the GOP.

2 Likes

I think that your issues with him are by design. He is purposefully staying behind the scenes. And you are correct that he is for Trump. That is the first priority.

But I sense that Kushnerā€™s a shape shifter above all, and his days at the The Observer must have taught him how to turn out a product for the public if nothing else. Then add to that the fact that heā€™s not as dumb as Trump. Iā€™m not sure how bright he actually is (Iā€™m quite in the dark too), but itā€™s clear he is at least bright enough to see that Bannonā€™s lunatic ideology is not winning the day.

I thought I read here yesterday that his security clearance was pulled, too.

1 Like

Sometimes it just feels good to mock someone named trumpp.

But neither does Kushner, and certainly not Trump.

Bill Maher thinks the party needs Weiner back. Weiner and Spitzer both.

I report. You decide.

Kushner is of a younger generation ā€“ and cosmopolitan. As far as intelligence ā€“ he would not have gotten into Harvard had his father not bought his way in. I am sure he is bright enough and well educated enough, but he didnā€™t get where he is because of his smarts or ability. He got there because of inheritance. He was an extra attractive mate for Ivanka because his family has enormous real estate holdings. From where I sit, it looks a lot like a business merger ā€“ like the royal families of Europe. Now, Jaredā€™s style may be a lot different than his father-in-law and Bannon ā€“ and maybe he is kind of embarrassed by their crudeness ā€“ but he is not above using the ends to justify the means ā€“ at least until it stops working. He has the same goals ā€“ maybe just willing to use different tactics. Be just progressive enough not to offend the sensibilities of those of his generation - but he is above all an entitled oligarch and its in his and his familyā€™s interest to push policy which benefits their class and hold on power.

2 Likes

I decided that this is yet another area that Maher has no understanding of.

Let me tell you why I donā€™t want Elliot Spitzer back. I hold AGs, DAs and judges to the highest of standards when it comes to not breaking the law. Those people are the ones with the responsibility to enforce those laws against the rest of us. I find it beyond arrogant when someone in the position Elliot was in disregards the very laws they are enforcing.

As for John Edwards, the man is a coward and a cad of the first water. Itā€™s not that he cheated, itā€™s that he sent the wife he cheated on out in public to plead his cause = he hid behind the skirts of the woman he fucked over. No.

Weiner is a pervert and not worth the trouble to keep him out of trouble.

3 Likes

I like that, but when considering politics has a pendulum quality to it (i.e. Bush to Obama or Obama to Trump) after about 2 years of Pelosi I would really fear the swing backā€¦ to me that likely would yeild a President Ryan, emboldened by election vs ascension.

Iā€™d live with taking down Trump/Pence, and Ryan ducking the Hot Potato knowing heā€™d be out in 2020.

Hatch is a hack, but about the least bad option as far as Repubs go. He would likely not run in 2020.

1 Like

I appreciate Bill at times, but he embarrasses me that he puts his foot in his mouth as much as Trump. Its really fun to listen to a rant when you agree with it ā€“ but we canā€™t just yell and insult our way out of this mess. As for the others ā€“ um no. Just no. Edwards ā€“ smarmiest guy ever. Weiner ā€“ narcissist. Spitzer ā€“ Iā€™m agnostic but inspires a mental image I would rather not think about.

3 Likes

I think feather head is correct.

Bannon retains clearance (for now). Trump wonā€™t yank it. He canā€™t burn Bannon because Bannon could burn Trump back and Trump has more to lose.

Trump may let other factors or actors knock Bannon down, but wonā€™t do it himself. Trump will promise a pardon for Bannon to retain loyalty.

1 Like

Crazy.

1 Like

Nuke bannon

1 Like

Iā€™d say Schiff belongs in The White House.

Schiff/President/ 2020

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available