Discussion: Sanders Suggests ESPN Anchor Should Be Fired For Calling Trump 'A Bigot'

Is it now the Trump regime’s position that private, and accurate, criticisms of Don the Con aren’t protected by the 1st Amendment?

10 Likes

At this rate Huckabee-Sanders will last the rest of Trump’s term no problem.

2 Likes

Sarah, you should read some of my posts.
And I stand by them.
So, fire me Sarah… if you can.

The White House doesn’t run ESPN Sarah, What they do is up to them but when you say speech pf any kind is a ‘reason to fire’ offense then you run up against the government saying what people can say or think and THAT is a no -go area Sarah. It’s called the FIRST AMENDMENT SARAH.
Please excuse my yelling.

6 Likes

In Sarah’s mind, the First Amendment only protects members of the religious right who want to discriminate.

15 Likes

Because Faux News.

Trump has been fuming over this since he read (or more likely watched the live version of) the following:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/13/espns-double-standard-shows-when-hosts-speak-out.html

Which, BTW, is prominently displayed under the Faux News “Bias Alert” section that gives a daily rundown of imaginary conservative butthurt that reality and the universe disagree with them.

8 Likes

, “I’m not sure if he’s aware, but I think that’s one of the more outrageous comments that anyone could make, and certainly something that I think is a fireable offense by ESPN.”

Yw

11 Likes

Pretty sure Mr. Mueller’s working on that.

17 Likes

We should send them a ream of these

16 Likes

Lets just refer to her as “Mrs Twit of The Littlerock Twits.” it’s a bit cumbersome but will avoid confusion.

6 Likes

Took 2 hurricanes to push coverage of 45’s reaction to Charlottesville off the front pages.

Took one fat pig 1 minute to stir the shit up again. Good job, Teensy!

9 Likes

Apparently nowhere does Ms. H-S explain how the 5yr Obama Birther Canard can be explained by anything but Trump’s bigotry, stupidity, and callow opportunism. And nowhere do we see journalists in the WH Press Room calling her on this issue. It is not yesterday’s fish-wrap. It is the core of Trumpism’s beginning, middle and (we hope) soon end.

10 Likes

There are plenty of reasons to criticize Sarah Huckabee Sanders. She’s dishonest, brazenly so, and I’m sure she knows exactly who she’s working for. But criticizing her appearance, and specifically, her weight is just sexism. Her actions and her character are relevant subjects for discussion and criticism; her appearance should be off-limits.

5 Likes

Please remind me of the time when the Obama era press secretary lashed out and called for the termination of a sports commentator.
There was Curt Shilling who used to mouth off inane musings about the administration but it never reached this level.

6 Likes

It’s past time to sing kumbaya about these evil motherfuckers in the White House. Bannon and Trump are fat pigs, too.

7 Likes

Can the White House give us some guidance here?

Which of the following justifiable titles for the President are we not allowed to use?

1. Liar
  2. Sexual Predator
  3. White Supremacist
  4. Traitor
  5. Toxic Narcissist

I mean, I don’t really care what the answers are… I just want to hear 'em answer the question. Donald J. Trump is a Lying Orange Shit-Stain and it ain’t libel to call him such because the truth is an absolute defense.

10 Likes

Oh. I realized to late… the problem may be that she called him a White Supremacist, (something I too have done), and we should have been calling him an Orange White Supremacist.

2 Likes

Asked during her daily briefing whether Trump was aware of Hill’s comments, Sanders said, “I’m not sure if he’s aware, but I think that’s one of the more outrageous comments that anyone could make, and certainly something that I think is a fireable offense by ESPN.”

Some presidents would have preferred that their press secretary say something like, “The President believes in freedom of speech and of the press. And neither the President nor the White House will comment on or get involved with the personnel decisions of ESPN or any private employer.”
Actually, leave out the part about personnel decisions - Sarah wasn’t even asked about what should happen to Jemele Hill. She was only asked if Trump was aware of the tweets. “I don’t know, I haven’t talked to him about it” would have been sufficient (and she’s certainly used that one enough times to be able to say it without even thinking).

8 Likes

They can dish it out but they can’t take it.

8 Likes

because, god forbid, bias would show up in something as crucial on reporting which sports team is better than the other.

2 Likes

Of course he’s aware that is why she did the hit job on Jameal

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available