Discussion: Sanders Predicts A Contested Convention: 'We Intend To Fight' For Votes

1 Like

Oh my bleeping GOD! I know I blashphemed, but JEEBUS! She will have the majority of pledged delegates, the majority of the popular vote, the majority of state contests, and the majority of super delegates.
If Sanders contests all that at the convention he should be stripped of his Senate committee seats and kicked out of the caucus. Let him see what the GOP will give him.

He is taking advantage of voters’ ignorance of how the nomination works. Super delegates are included in the total delegates needed, and no nominee has ever won with just pledged delegates because of that. Suggesting that winning a majority of pledged delegates and having the endorsement of a majority of super delegates is not a win is not only disingenuous, is is dishonest and fickle. It is beneath someone who pretends to be the honest broker in the room looking out for the rank and file.

'Cause the rank and file had a chance to vote, and they didn’t pick you.

110 Likes

“Contested”? Perhaps, but it will be no contest. Please accept the fact that Secretary Clinton will be the Democratic Party’s nominee for President and move on with your life.

46 Likes

It’s like I thought then —

He’s gone rabid —

42 Likes

Translation: His ego wants more attention.

55 Likes

WA Post says that Sander’s fundraising dropped off sharply in April. This appears to be an effort to reignite his fundraising machine.

49 Likes

What a fuckin choad.

17 Likes

No there won’t be

20 Likes

Once again the good senator has not taken time to understand the rules. (The rules were created long before he got into the race so they are not rigged against him). Or perhaps he does not clearly understand the definition of contested; or perhaps he has heard all this happy talk about the R convention and thinks the D’s should gat a little of that action.

42 Likes

I want to see him politically kneecapped by someone in a position to put in the shiv.

17 Likes

It’s almost as if he doesn’t really want to have any influence over the Democratic party.

25 Likes

If Sanders is effectively saying the Super Delegates don’t count, then isn’t the halfway point 2,026 pledged delegates.
Does Bernie really thing that Hillary can’t get 361 more between Tuesday and California?

23 Likes

The numbers aren’t there for S.

4 Likes

I suspect there are a LOT of unpaid bills coming due in the Sanders campaign but how tone deaf can he be? He’d be far better off financially by playing nice and working with Clinton to help retire some of his campaign debt post-convention.

21 Likes

Congratulations, your name will be on the first and only ballot at the convention. Good for you, Senator.

7 Likes

What he is saying is she can’t reach 2383 on just pledged delegates, and then he is making things up that somehow that makes it a contested convention.

13 Likes

That was Obama’s thank you to Clinton after her made her secretary of state. Bernie will just stiff everyone.

6 Likes

Agreed … But it’s a shame that he’ll do it off the hopes of the " unsuspecting " —

14 Likes

That’s what Jeff Weaver has been saying for three weeks now, basically since before the New York Primary. All the delegates count for the denominator but only the pledged delegates count in the numerator. That means you would need 59% of the pledged delegates to win “outright” under this theory. It’s basically taking advantage of peoples’ ignorance by misleading them into thinking that Clinton didn’t win half of all pledged delegates, which she pretty obviously will.

33 Likes

he’s smarter than this ploy, he’s fueling the paranoid and hopeful. shame on you bern.

24 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available