Discussion: San Juan Mayor: Puerto Rico Response Was A 10 If It’s ‘Out Of A Scale of 100’

2 Likes

What a burn! Of course, Trump will respond with another one of his lame-ass comebacks written by someone like that walking talking used condom Stephen Miller or one of the other humor-challenged Trump acolytes.

And OT, but interesting: here’s a story about the delightful wife of disgraced former HHS head Tom Price, who believes people with HIV should be quarantined and their partners should be tracked down by the government:

Bitch, the only thing that should be quarantined is that fucking hairdo of yours.

11 Likes

Women didn’t talk like that when they were sacred, amirite, ladies?

Well, not in public, that is …

9 Likes

More like a scale of 1000.

4 Likes

10 Likes

I have more admiration for this woman every day; it is in proportion to my growing disdain and hatred of “Twitler.”

6 Likes

I guess Oliver Stone helped him with that tweet. LOL!

Sort of interesting how the FEMA Director took extremely unprofessional and unwarranted shots at a Hispanic woman of color (Mayor Cruz), and now Kelly’s done the same with an AA Congresswoman.

Too much has happened under Trump not to assume the worst in terms of misogyny and racism.

9 Likes

Don’t forget about xenophobia.

“Hey you, in the produce aisle, what you saying about them apples?!?!”

3 Likes
6 Likes

mmmm…What’s better than a high sodium diet during a water shortage ?

7 Likes

I cant source it because I reached my limit of 30 articles this month for El Nuevo Dia newspaper. However, the night before Donald Trump’s “Paper Towels” visit, there was an item in that paper that of the 150 generators the Autoridad de Acueductos y Alcantarillados (Puerto Rico’s water authority) had urgently requested from FEMA immediately after the hurricane, less than 5 had been delivered. As of earlier this week in one of the last articles I was allowed to read on El Nuevo Dia, a total of 17/150 generators had been provided by FEMA, while desperate thirsty people in Dorado were drinking from a well on a Superfund site, and 2 deaths from leptospirosis in spring water were confirmed. So FEMA’s and the Federal Government response can only be a 10/10 using the self serving flim flam standards of a consumer fraud fly by night such as Trump University.

In one other article over the weekend, the Mayor of Toa Baja reported that FEMA could not deliver enough awnings for all the homes without roofs in Puerto Rico because FEMA’s source for these awnings had exhausted their entire inventories in response to Irma and Harvey. So much for the comparatively perfect infrastructures of Florida and Texas.

9 Likes

You know what Brock and Pres. * response will be, “If you want tarps, take a boat over to Hatti get the ones we sent then for their last disaster.”

3 Likes

Or “There was a time when we could all say Merry Christmas, and a President’s hurricane responses were sacred…”

4 Likes

With such compassionate, intelligent, and thrifty folk like this, ahem, person, it is clear that Rethugs want to take us back to the '50s. The 1350s.

3 Likes

The Twitler.

Sounds like a Batman villain.

3 Likes

Reading up on this, it seems that a), it obviously could have been prevented by getting clean drinking water to people, and 2), it is eminently treatable if caught early enough. Those deaths are from criminal neglect.

4 Likes

Unlike Joni Ernst, she needs no tools to perform a castration.

3 Likes

Flu-related deaths average about 3-5 greater than HIV-related deaths in the US each year. Let’s get those early flu carriers in quarantine and under interrogation! One person with influenza can infect an entire crowd without even removing any garments. Terrorism!

4 Likes

OR, getting the AAE (Autoridad de Acueductos y Alcantarillados) closer to 150 than 17 of the generators they urgently requested of FEMA immediately after the hurricane.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available