Discussion: Report: Secret Service Can't Pay Agents Because Of Trump's Travel, Large Family

Gewiss!

Article says 18 of the 48 are Trumpā€™s family. Vice President and all former presidents still living are also protected by the Secret Service. I assume thatā€™s included in the total.

Increasing longevity probably adds more overhead as time goes on. Theyā€™re still protecting Carter as he travels around building homes. Trumpā€™s overhead is annoying, but probably only one of several factors.

2 Likes

Trump should comp rooms and golf carts at Mar-A-Lago. The Secret Service should just say, we canā€™t afford this.

1 Like

I guess Trump is going back on his inaugural promise that ā€œthe American carnage stops right here and it stops right now.ā€ He causes carnage, he doesnā€™t end it. Fool!

1 Like

Huh. I feel dumb for not knowing that! Thank you :smiley: Hopefully I will internalize this fact. Not that it really matters, I guess. But, Iā€™d rather avoid looking like an idiot if I can. :expressionless:

So, Iā€™m wondering how much of that budget went to rent at various Trump properties.

I think it does include certain cabinet members that have requested protection like DeVos (who is a billionaire herself and could pay for her own protection). And another thing weā€™ll all be paying for if he has his way is that dumbass wall he wants the taxpayer to cover, when he said Mexico would pay for it for over a year. Nothing could be more unnecessary than thatā€¦and thatā€™s in the billions, and now he wants the American people to pay for that stupid idea.

1 Like

Remember what he said about Hillary and her SS protection?
Remember that?
Iā€™m just sayingā€¦

4 Likes

ā€œWho will build the wall?ā€ MEXICO.

Yeah, riiiight.

Same shit, different day.

2 Likes

In fifty years Barron Trump Souvenir Sales LLC will be exclusively selling chunks of the dismantled wall to people celebrating the reestablishment of normal relations between Mexico and the U.S.

4 Likes

In fifty years heā€™ll be selling pieces of the White House as souvenirs he got off the renovation efforts now being done, that were originally scheduled for the dumpster. Gives new meaning to the term dumpster divers or the Dumpster Administration.

Nonsense. We have had roughly 5 ex presidents alive for at least my lifetime, which is precisely what we have now. (Obama, W, Clinton, Bush Sr, Carter). Trumpā€™s overhead is the entirety of this cost issue; we have never had a President going on this many weekend get aways and extended vacations, at so many different locationsā€¦all expensive and all owned by him. Factor in the outlandish expenses in maintaining Trump Towers and Mar-e-Largo as a secure facilities as well, and it becomes clear who is breaking the piggy bank.

But focusing on the budget overruns is missing the even more important partā€¦nearly all of this weekend vacations (and the extended one he is currently on) are more or less direct payments from the Secret Service to Trumpā€™s pocket, with the additional caveat that he is using tax payer money to do free advertising for his business.

18 Likes

True, but at least we now have a nicer swamp.

Yes, but OP said ā€œadultā€, and Iā€™m not seeing a lot of grown-up behavior there.

Obviously, the Constitutionally questionable money generated by Trumpā€™s DC hotel or other properties like Trump Tower and Mar-a-Lago from the USG, media or foreign governments should, first, cover Secret Service costs of protecting these people.

1 Like

Remember all the times this happened when that lazy, golf-playing, vacation-taking Obama was President? Yeah, neither do I.

2 Likes

Good point.

If there is ever erected a statue of trump in the equestrian style, he should be sitting on a golf cart rather than a horse.

2 Likes

With one hand reaching for some ass, and the other holding a cheeseburger.

1 Like

Let the good nazi and white supremacist volunteer to protect him. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll love it and theyā€™ll probably shoot a lot of their own so that would help whittle their numbers down.

1 Like

The golf cart rentals really piss me off, although itā€™s not a huge part of the expense. I say the Secret Service stops using golf carts. Just drive the black SUVs onto and around the courses. And let the Trump Organization pay for replacing the divots.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available