Discussion: Report: Kavanaugh And Accuser Will Testify To Judiciary Committee Monday

Don’t really need the investigation complete. Just need Kavanaugh to answer, under oath:

“Did you at any time, ever, make physical contact with Ms. Ford?”

Anything other than an unequivocal “No” means that Something happened, and regardless of any legal consequences he may or may not face, is not qualified to serve on the Supreme Court, or even in his current position.

5 Likes

Worse than that. They’re going to COACH him.

Five or six days of intense coaching.

7 Likes

Times have changed…and they haven’t. Young women voters grew up with Title IX thinking they had nothing to worry about. Then they graduated and went out into the old white conservative male world and found out otherwise. They were already angry as hell before this accusation came out.

Don’t worry. He may have a lock on this confirmation, but there is such a thing as impeachment of Supreme Court Justices. Women voters are going to do a number on Republican candidates, if they put this masher through. Can’t wait until Ford’s lawyer calls Trump to the hearing to testify to this man’s moral integrity. The laughter will echo all over The Mall. And it will be the last nail in the Republican Senatorial majority coffin.

The hypocritical, patriarchal Conservative Movement is on trial this election, and they are going to get their butts spanked real good. Ladies, are you finally ready to insist on passage of the ERA?

11 Likes

Coach him on how to evade a FBI investigation? That’s a good one.

3 Likes

He’ll give the usual “I don’t recall” answer. Because he was too drunk or too angry she got away?

Agreed. He’s slick, but he’s smart. You just have to nail him down to a question that he either has to evade or commit perjury on, if he’s covering something up.

I think he’s too smart and been in the game too long (and heck, as an Appeals Court Judge) to get caught in a perjury charge. He’d just try to evade, and if that didn’t work, plead the fifth.

3 Likes

I hope young women will come forward who have recently been attacked and date raped at parties. Have them ring the Capital Building and chant, “There is no such thing as legitimate rape.”

4 Likes

And that’ll be the tell. If he hadn’t given an absolute answer already, he could have gotten away with that. But you can’t both have such a crystal perfect memory that you KNOW you’ve never ever done something bad, and a conveniently fuzzy memory when it comes to details.

Not something that would convict a guy in court, but certainly should disqualify from receiving Confirmation.

9 Likes

Please please please have a blue dress show up as evidence…karma can be a wonderful thing.

3 Likes

Please tell me Democrats are combing through every nook and cranny of this guy’s background. There’s gotta be more there there.

5 Likes

I hope someone can arrange for Mark Judge to be there. Damn, I wish the minority had subpoena power. If that fails, though, I am sure that Judge’s book and multiple articles could provide fodder for questioning Kavanaugh. Does he admit to knowing Judge? The yearbook says he was a member of the Keg Club – what was that? What activities did the members engage in? Was Mark Judge a member of the club? Does he recognize the account in Judge’s book of “Bart O’Kavanaugh’s” escapades such as getting so drunk he threw up in the car?

My daughter made the point that when Kavanaugh was 17, parents tended to allow teenagers less supervision than they do today. It is relatively shocking to many millennials that Kavanaugh was able to do what he did to Dr. Ford 37 years ago.

7 Likes

Kavanaugh will not make it to the hearing date. He will withdraw before then (or the hearing will be kicked down the road). He is nearly done.

You can tell by the reactions of all the red state Dems that this is killing the GOP. They probably lost the MO Senate race today. The only way for them to have a shot at salvaging the Senate is to pull the plug on Kavanaugh this week.

17 Likes

Grassley has decided to go with the political play. Let’s see if either he or Hatch have learned anything since Anita Hill. If not the Republicans stand to cement the loss of the Senate in the midterms. The idea of Ted Cruz asking Professor Ford questions is intriguing.

6 Likes

I hope the good doctor is sick on Monday.

I hesitate to put too much hope in this, but maybe, just maybe, that old Trump swamp-land-touch is at work again, and this goes under for him because it was so poorly thought out. Trump’s incompetence is really our best hope in many of these situations.

9 Likes

Plenty of time for others to come forward with their stories. You know there are others. Once that happens it is all over for Kavanaugh.

6 Likes

Grassley, Hatch, Cornyn, Cruz, Flake, Tillis, Graham, Lee, Sasse, Crapo, Kennedy -the all white Christian male team of Republicans

Feinstein, Leahy, Whitehouse, Coons, Hirono, Harris, Durbin, Klobuchar ,Blumenthal, Booker the diverse group of Dems respresenting both sexes.

11 Likes

Too late for that. He went all in with his unequivocal denial. Just goes to show he isn’t as smart as he thinks he is. That was a stupid move and it is going to come back and bite him.

8 Likes

I agree. Major coaching on how to sound humble and concerned. Coaching on statements about how he honors women. Coaching about how his religion and the existence of his daughters defines his character. Coaching about how he exaggerated prior statements about drinking so he sounded ‘macho’.

They will rush this so that Mark Judge isn’t called, so that it is less likely others come forward.

6 Likes

There will not be a FBI investigation unless WH asks for it. Chances of that? zilch.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available