Discussion: Report: Kavanaugh And Accuser Will Testify To Judiciary Committee Monday

1 Like

That delays this week’s vote. But, I just heard two former FBI officials echo what the Democrats on the Judiciary Committee are saying - that the FBI should investigate this incident before the hearing. However, since the initial FBI hearing on Kavanaugh was closed, it would take a request from the WH to reopen it. So, we know that won’t happen.

14 Likes

Statement from Dems -they want full FBI investigation.

15 Likes

I bet Kav thinks his disgusting multi-year “investigation” into Vince Foster’s demise will really come in handy now; w/ all the experience needed to exclaim his reputation (and career aspirations - if not whole career) were murdered, but it will - of course - be ruled a suicide.

Kav: “I did not have sexual-assault relations with that woman!”

13 Likes

They need a week to get everyone’s scripts straight.

13 Likes

Grassley doesn’t want transparency…he wants the appearance of transparency. They’re going to try to Anita Hill her.

Asses

18 Likes

May I kick this moron in the ass? They just need cover. Hence this hearing scheduled.

16 Likes

How about the horror of being pinned down and sexually accosted by a drunken lout when you are 15? Hmmm?

27 Likes

Exactly my instant reaction.

5 Likes

Will Kavanaugh call Pussy Grabber Trump as a character witness? How about the pedophile priest at that Catholic prep school who drove him to drink at such a young age?

6 Likes

Ford has passed a lie detector test submitted prior to the hearing.
Should not Kavanaugh also provide a lie detector test prior to the hearing?
Seems the minimal requirement.

12 Likes

Well, if Kavanaugh’s past hearings have taught us anything, it’s that he looks terrible when testifying in public. If Dr. Ford is able to sound at all convincing in her testimony, I would guess it’s over for judge Kavanaugh.

14 Likes

Putting a lie detector on any conservative these days would result in blowing up the machine.

12 Likes

Kavanaugh is a lock. No one is going to do dick!

1 Like

MSNBC was showing a clip this afternoon from the earlier hearings where he was guffawing it up big time when Grassley asked him about his youthful indiscretions. You shouldn’t have laughed that hard with a so obvious of a sneer, Judge K.

10 Likes

Mark Judge must be called to testify under oath.

Q: Do you recall the incident as described by Ford?

A. No.

Q: Were you a blackout drunk in high school?

A. Yes.

Q: What does “blackout drunk” mean?

7 Likes

“If we fail to do it before the hearing, we’re going to be shooting in the dark,” Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) said in an MSNBC interview, responding to the news about the invitations to testify Monday. “We literally will be asking questions with blindfolds on.”

YOU WILL NOT LITERALLY HAVE BLINDFOLDS ON

In other news, they’re delaying the committee vote. Heh. In things like this a week is a very long time.

16 Likes

Next Monday. After the vote.

1 Like

Of course they are, but good luck with that. The Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings were 27 years ago. The following year Democrats picked up a bunch of seats in Congress in what was later dubbed as The Year of the Woman. We also picked up the presidency for the first time in 12 years. But this isn’t 1991, and unlike Anita Hill, she’ll also be questioned by three women. In the #metoo era it’s going to be far, far worse for them if they try that. In fact, I kind of hope they try.

22 Likes

MSNBC played a clip of a younger Grassley during Thomas/Hill hearing. he sounded absolutely clueless then. It plays much worse now.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available