Discussion: Report: Kavanaugh And Accuser Will Testify To Judiciary Committee Monday

The statute of limitations has long run on anything Kavanaugh did in high school so there is no way he can plead his Fifth Amendment right not to be a witness against himself. If Professor Ford presents a credible case Kavanaugh will have to either lie or rely on the Sessions “I don’t recall” gambit.

I think @rollinnolan is right about Kavanaugh having already shot his wad on the Sessions replay.

4 Likes

Not necessarily. On Felony Sexual Assault cases, there is no statute of limitations in Maryland. So he could be on the hook, depending what the full truth of things are. So if he’s got something to hide, he’s much better off pleading the fifth, or withdrawing his nomination to avoid testifying.

8 Likes

Thanks for the info on local law. I practiced on the other coast, but I didn’t know anything about the statute of limitations there either.

1 Like

Somebody needs to talk to the other people who were at this partyto see if they can back up what either side is saying. Further there seems to be evidence that Kavanaugh has lied zbout aspects of his more recent past while in the Bush White House. Lying should disqualify him.

10 Likes

Perhaps, then, he’ll donate his question time to Kamela Harris.

14 Likes

I am intruiged. How specifically is this going to come back and bite him? Is there a witness who is not been announced? Supposedly there were 3 in the room, and 2 are on the record as not remembering or flatly denying. She says yes, he says no.

What’s the next move?

OK, you’re a lawyer and the DA. How do you handle this?

All of this fulmination and dramatic comment obscure the FACT that it is he-said-she-said, still. There are no witnesses. He is not going to take a lie-detector test.

What’s your move, Mr. DA?

1 Like

I just caught a bit of the cnn coverage of this. Apparently someone got to trump and convinced him that his normal behavior in such situations would torpedo the whole shebang. The cnn news reader commented that “trump’measured choice of words” was most unusual and almost presidential given past performance. I was shocked to hear actual praise from the cnn person.

7 Likes

I hadn’t realized it until reading this rude pundit post, but sen. hatch, during the hearings, gave kavanaugh the opening to bring up how he had letters from a bunch of women in the bush WH, and some number of women from his Yale class, saying how wonderful he was to women (links to the testimony are in the rude pundit piece).

Aside from being weird, it seemed like he was just trying to further obfuscate the fact that he was an anti-choice bigot. And now he’s also got that letter from all of his HS “friends”. So this guy has letters from women falling out of his ass (and no doubt that most of the signatures come from right-thinking, jesus-loving, conservative gender traitors).

Now we know why. It wasn’t just because he was trying to give cover to Senators like collins. No, it’s because he’s yet another rapey creeper.

8 Likes

Am I messed up to feel sorry for him and his family, and that this hypocrite deserves every bit of the worst shot of Karma both at the same time?

3 Likes

It means I’m now convinced that you simply do not have what it takes to be a Republican. That’s a compliment.

8 Likes

At this point letters may not be enough. He needs Binders Full of Women™.

8 Likes

He sure does. I thought Ted Cruz had a “punch me” face until I saw Kavanaugh. The guy just seems to be oozing smug superiority complex. Makes me change channels with extreme prejudice.

8 Likes

He’s made the pivot! A week is a long time. He will need a “release” soon. I’m gonna say Wednesday at 3-4 AM. Unnnnlesss, they can channel his unhingedness into Mueller, The Mayors of London and San Juan, Tariff’s, Iran, etc.

3 Likes

I would be more sympathetic if he hadn’t brought the girls basketball team into the room. I thought that was really over the top.

11 Likes

I tell ya Ralph… I never expected praise for trump out of cnn given the abuse they have suffered at his tiny hands.

1 Like

I hope Biden has learned something too. His performance was awful.

Maryland has no statute of limitations for felony sexual misconduct. Does anyone know if that might apply here? Could it be the reason K is lawyering up?"

3 Likes

Never let an adverse relationship interfere with healthy profits.

5 Likes

Nothing like a good binder to keep things from falling out of your ass.

4 Likes

Drinking to excess while under age? Libertine parties with girls and kegs?
Good grief.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available