Discussion: READ: Kelly's Full Remarks Defending Trump's Call To Military Widow

I nearly cried when I hear what Putin’s Bitch said to a War Widow. A traitor calling a hero’s wife for half hearted condolences … has anyone mentioned he was the only black soldier of the 4 killed … why does that always factor in with this swine? Kelly is what used to pass for a tough Dorchester Mick. He is now showing his true colors … yellow. This coupled with the orders to criminalize all undocumented aliens and the (then) seemingly odd vicious attack on Kelly from the Hispanic Caucus bring everything into high relief. He is a dirtbag wit medals. God save his son, God damn him.

I move that Memorial day be called “Yo Knew What You Signed On For” day and forget the parades and pomp and circumstance. Military funerals? Why? They knew what they were getting into. May these swine all BURN IN HELL, or Niger … whichever comes first.

3 Likes

Officers, and particularly those of General rank, are effectively required by their profession to develop a form of emotional detachment to death in their ranks. These guys do what they can to reduce their casualties, but they know based on their tactics, the environment and statistics what the expected casualty and mortality result will be during an operation. Everyone in the military knows that they are at risk when they go into an assignment. However, civilians are not trained for this level of “professionalism”. Wives, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and children do not have a professional veneer of detachment that they can use to partially insulate themselves from this huge loss. This is one reason why the members of the military who are tasked with informing civilians of their loss are trained not to speak in terms similar to “he knew what he signed on for” and “he knew the risk”. This is why you should NEVER have a General provide words to an emotionally crippled dotard which the dotard can then relay to a civilian. That was just fucking emotionally stooopid, but it was unfortunately par for the dotard’s course. Folks who suffer from NPD aren’t the best with empathy, because they are too crippled to have a clue; they only feel for themselves.

As for Kelly’s other statements, he apparently remains clueless about what transpired with respect to the speakerphone capability on the civilian side. A note to General Kelly: I am not surprised by Rep. Frederica Wilson’s statements, because they make perfect sense to me. The reason you don’t understand her statements is because you are apparently quite obtuse with respect to the civilian take on mortality in the military.

Now, General, since your CIC won’t tell us, what the fuck were these young men doing in Niger, and why were they so easily taken out by terrorists? Don’t you guys know what you’re doing? Does the term “Benghazi” mean anything to you?

General, aren’t you even the slightest bit tired of WINNING? Well, I really look forward to THE WORLD-WIDE ASSHOLE’s impeachment, and then I hope you can take a little time to reflect on your recent experiences.

5 Likes

Like a seven years old child has the wherewithal to formulate political opinions. What a pantload!

1 Like

Mr. Bugs, John Kelly is not a good guy.

2 Likes

Actually, you are wrong. Kelly accused Rep. Wilson of standing up to say she was the one who got BO to give the 20 millions for the building. She wasn’t even in office when the building was funded so Kelly is lying.

Do you have some reason for unfairly vilifying Rep. Wilson by way of character assassination? What could it be?

3 Likes

There it is.

1 Like

That was my thought exactly. Why isn’t Trey The inquisitor haul in the head of Africa Command for a series of congressional firing squads “hearings?”

1 Like

From the article, it sounds like James Comey credited Wilson with getting the building funded. But in Kelly’s memory, an uppity black congresswoman was upstaging the fallen soldiers just by being mentioned.

5 Likes

Eh? I was trying to confirm if it was Wilson that Kelly was referring to who spoke so inappropriately (allegedly) at the opening. Now that we know it was, I’m sure there’s footage of her speech somewhere we can all take a listen. Perhaps you could help find it. Wilson chose to bring this scrutiny on herself.

Now that we know Wilson spoke at that ceremony, we just need to find the footage so can see for ourselves. Am sure it’s around somewhere.

1 Like

I think Kelly was more stunned by the inappropriate self-aggrandisement at a solemn occasion. Until we see the speech it’s hard to know.

Mr Grumpys paid puppets .

1 Like

The article in no way confirms Gen. Kelly’s account. There is only the praise for Rep. Wilson being responsible for expediting legislation naming the building for the slain agents. Read Josh’s editorial about Kelly’s misleading (dishonest?) characterization of Wilson’s role in the building dedication ceremony.

3 Likes

What makes you so sure ANYONE made the remarks Kelly referred to? See Josh’s editorial and/or the article our ‘friend’ brissy linked, no confirmation in contemporary reporting that the kind of comments Kelly says offended him were actually made.

3 Likes

“Was credited” not “took credit”. That’s a very significant difference, a difference that refutes rather than reinforces Kelly’s contention.

3 Likes

It apparently wasn’t that “hard to know” for YOU to agree with Kelly’s characterization BEFORE you saw the footage.

eta direct quote to replace paraphrase

2 Likes

That’s actually from a SNL parody commercial Dan Aykroyd did way back during the run of the original Not Ready For Prime Time Players.

He also did the beloved Super Bass-o-matic commercial — “Mmm. That’s some good bass.” — among many others.

The King always nails it.

Limericking‏ @Limericking

John Kelly, who optimists thought
Would use the position he got
To try to begin
To make the admin
Less generally awful, did not.

4 Likes

I personally don’t believe Kelly even told Trump to use that line. This just reeks of an excuse to make what Trump said OK. First they try to deny and call Rep Wilson a liar. When it turns out the there were 5 people in the car that heard it. They changed the tune, yes he said it, he was right to say it, a general told him to say it, and SHE was WRONG to listen. How dare this woman listen in on a private conversation (that we ALL listened in on ourselves) and then go public with what the President said. Shame, shame on this woman being so uppity. :nauseated_face::rage::angry:

4 Likes

No, you’ve misunderstood my position. First I wanted to establish whether it was even Wilson he was referring to. Having established that, there’s then the question of whether he’s right about this event. Josh’s editorial jumps to conclusions without having seen the footage, and further focuses on the wrong thing. The point isn’t whether or not Wilson was responsible for the funding, but whether she got up and pretty much just took personal credit then sat back down. I’m sure someone will dig out the footage soon enough.

To the other independent point about her making political capital out of this tragic Niger event, Kelly’s comments have a lot of force. If Wilson truly cared about the family, then rather than picking a public fight she would have picked up the phone to inform Kelly/the whitehouse/trump to say the family was upset, and could they make it better. Wilson has irreparably damaged her own standing.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available