Discussion: READ: Kelly's Full Remarks Defending Trump's Call To Military Widow

1 Like

So Kelly’s just another right-wing turd-polisher.

Quelle surprise.

16 Likes

when I was a kid growing up, a lot of things were sacred in our country. Women were sacred, looked upon with great honor…

Then seconds later he provides a case in point:

And when I listened to this woman

Kelly doesn’t have the basic decency to refer to her as “Representative Wilson”???

edit: This after Rep. Wilson called trump out on the exact same thing!!

15 Likes

Another of Trump’s dignity wraiths. He may as well have pissed on his own dead son’s grave.

9 Likes

Well, it’s not as if it’s a calling for the chosen few.

10 Likes

:laughing: ruefully

3 Likes

He said they “used to be” sacred. It’s pretty obvious he doesn’t consider them sacred anymore, considering he had no reservations about going to work for a man who once boasted he could “grab them by the pussy” thanks to his own fame.

15 Likes

These kinds of women.

15 Likes

If you find the idea of civilian control of government contemptuous, RESIGN AND MOVE to any number of countries lorded over by juntas and generalissimos. Lordy.

9 Likes

2,838 words and Kelly never once mentions Sgt. Johnson by name. Myeshia Johnson was 100% correct – trump didn’t know Sgt. Johnson’s name at the time of the phone call, Kelly and trump still don’t know his name now.

16 Likes

And fuck your women are sacred, cherish religion BS. You work for Trump, dumbass.

13 Likes

“I was stunned when I came to work yesterday morning, and broken-hearted at what I saw a member of Congress doing. A member of Congress who listened in on a phone call from the President of the United States to a young wife…”

“How dare her do what me and a room full of white men – whom the bereaved didn’t invite – were doing!”

(I’ll write a $1,000 check to the first reporter who asks Kelly about this hypocrisy live on national television.)

ETA: Any chance of a follow-up question along these lines from @matt_shuham or anybody else at TPM?

19 Likes

Oh, and I predicted a few days ago that they’d come at Rep Wilson for “listening in” on a conversation with the President. “Watch, it will happen,” I said.

13 Likes

ETA

19 Likes

[quote=“thunderclapnewman, post:2, topic:63991”]
So Kelly’s just another right-wing turd-polisher
[/quote]Seriously, fuck this guy. I despise people who wrap themselves in the flag to deflect legitimate criticism.

11 Likes

Trump really can’t help himself, can he?

3 Likes

The Party is a Big Tent.
That’s what it takes to hold a Big Circus.
And there are plenty of untamed animals in this one.

3 Likes

Nope. He’s a stone racist and try as he will he cannot hide it.

3 Likes

In sll fairness, he might have called her “the wife” even if she were white.

Ok but I bet he wouldn’t have called her husband “your guy.”

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available