Discussion: Politico Mag On Fiorina's Brand Of Feminism: 'Step One: Less Whinng'

Fiorina might not be a feminist if the term is restricted to what LA
Times columnist Meghan Daum has called the “liberal, abortion-rights
supporting … reusable-eco-bag toting, dangling-earring-wearing” set.

Actual journalism - Step One: No willful mischaracterization of someone’s activism to support your own bullshit views.

1 Like

I was so pleased when she became CEO of Hewlett Packard. HP had a big operation in Ft. Collins, CO, which I visited in the early 80s. It was a great place to work, had an innovative, egalitarian business and management model and the employees were enthusiastic, loyal and hard working. To have a woman CEO of a company I so admired was inspiring, and I looked forward to seeing great things. HA! She is like any other modern CEO who sees employees as FTEs (old budget acronym… full time equivalent) and profit made by buying other companies and accounting tricks. She brought shame on all businesswomen and helped decimate a once thriving company. She is all veneer.

2 Likes

I also thought about cheetos munchers but I honestly can’t remember if that’s a liberal slur or a conservative one. Brain fart or…not enough latte. Hah.

"Instead, Fiorina has offered us something better: a model of female power that is free of the whining and pandering that has for so long plagued modern feminism."

Instead? By the process of elimination, whining and pandering must be the basis of her entire business career. It certainly wasn’t talent.

1 Like

Hillary’s brand of feminism versus Carly’s? Gee, which of ‘em divorced the startup spouse to marry up? That’'s some Ole Fasshion conservative feminism for ya.

1 Like

Failorina auditioning for the Hall of Presidents:

2 Likes

Sure she’s a feminist…as long as your white, old and rich…

Sommers has long has a weird relationship with whining. If you want to see bizarre whining look at the acknowledgement page to her “Who Stole Feminism?” Most people use the acknowledgment page to thank the people who helped her. And as a philosopher with little publication record she received a lot of help from right wing foundations willing to pay her to attack feminists. Despite that her acknowledgement page spends more time whining about how hard she had it because of her politics (the very politics that got her funding actual feminists could only dream of) than it does thanking people.

So for her, it apparently only counts as whining if it comes from a political perspective she doesn’t like.

2 Likes

Finally, women can be equal opportunity failures, whose reverse Midas touch royally screws up everything they come into contact with, and all the while selling themselves as the second coming. Oh yay.

1 Like

The Donald was right; I can’t look at that face anymore

As a ““liberal, abortion-rights supporting … reusable-eco-bag toting, dangling-earring-wearing” (more or less) feminist, I take great offense. And “post-feminism” – is that anything like our “post-racial” “everything is awesome” society? If so, I’ll pass.

Male or Female, I dont think most will whine if they are given millions of $$ for failing at what they do, like the conservative Fiorina.

Fiorina always looks like she just sucked on a lemon.
She’s a Sourpuss.
She’s the Leona Helmsley of Presidential candidates…The Queen of Mean.
And to hell with her little dog too…if she has one.

1 Like

I’m having a hard time with the dangling earrings remark. Seriously, what the hell … ?

1 Like

“a postfeminist era in politics, where what matters is a woman’s opportunity”
Really? Woman’s opportunity is pretty much the definition of feminism.

2 Likes

It a hippie & black dig.Afro would have been to obvoius.

At least it’s a step up from the hairy-legged man-haters that used to be the stereotype.

1 Like

Yeah, we’ve come a long way since Flower Power haven’t we?
Or, “We’ve Come a Long Way, Baby” Virginia Slims smokers…

Women tell other women “you are on your own,” and here you go, that’s Carly’s “feminism.” No, Carly Fiorina is NOT a feminist in any real sense of the term. It’s nothing but the same old Republican premise, this version just being tangy flavored with Carly’s vagina. Fundamentally there’s nothing new there.

When opportunities and resources are disproportionately distributed across different social aggregates to an obscene degree as we are observing today, and that, in structural, systematic manners, recognizing it as a problem not only for those groups but for all of us is intellectually right. And speaking up and taking action to correct it is morally and politically just. That’s anything but “whining.”

But “whining” is such a convenient word for the likes of Carly and the Politico writers. Those people who benefit from this very system, who have lotta vested interests in maintaining it, redefine those terms in a way that fits their narrative and start victim blaming, either because deep-down they know they would never win this argument intellectually, or because they are simply so narcissistic, egocentric, and stupid.

So to women who fight for equal opportunities and equal treatment, they claim those women are whiners and Carly Fiorina is a feminist. To African Americans who speak up for a better criminal justice system, they utter that “All lives matter” bullshit with a straight face and call those AA people reverse racists. And of course, those government policies that are to promote and ensure a level field are “free stuff” and the voting rights are fraud.

Sorry for the rant. This is so sickening I wanna massively puke on Carly’s face.

Less whining and more sausage Sunday! Holy fucking shit I couldn’t believe this ad, and I thought the hardee/CarlJr. ads were suggestive, too goddamn funny.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available