Discussion: Politico Mag On Fiorina's Brand Of Feminism: 'Step One: Less Whinng'

Discussion for article #242247

I’m not the one to argue whether or not Fiorina is a feminist.
But since she’s an egoist first, there’s no room for second.

35 Likes

Amen to that. And besides being an egoist she is a vile, venomous, vicious bitch,

15 Likes

No pandering? Must be a another Fiorina, not the one who lies about Planned Parenthood videos.

26 Likes

I will. Its an absurd argument that attempts to redefine the term, while opening mocking it at the same time. “feminists are these silly people with dangling ear rings” + “Carly is a feminist we are proud of”.

And whining is what Carly does best…always has been. Everyone is out to get her because she is a woman. That was her song at HP, that was her song in 2012, and its still her song now.

And while I do appreciate that her jab at Trump was well done tactically, it was still “he is being mean to me because I am a woman”. She even accuses other women of using the gender card while she is in the middle of playing it herself.

Just another Tigerbeat on the Potomac fluff piece on a fading candidate. The only odd thing here is that Politico is usually gleefully dancing on any candidate declining in the polls…so they can say “I told you so”.

34 Likes

i’m kind of enjoying watching how politico has sunk into irrelevance; when they had aspirations to much grander influence. hell, even mike allen who was a weekly presence on morningbro rarely gets airtime anymore…

10 Likes

If conservatives can in their minds make liberals the real racists, then I guess her being the real feminist isn’t that far a stretch, especially for Tiger-Beat-On-The-Potomic.

7 Likes

Her brand of Feminism is equal rights for one woman, Carly Fiorina. She cares nothing about the issues important to women, minorities, men, or the issues regarding children. She cares about herself.

24 Likes

she doesn’t pander??? really have you heard he bullshit on PP that’s pandering at it’s worst to suck up to the social crapservatives

15 Likes

No dear. Even a simpleton can see that Fiorina has never offered anything better.

12 Likes

If only women had the worst characteristic of male assh*les they could get ahead just fine. Yep, that’s a brand of feminism Christina Hoff Sommers can get behind.

Also, there’s nothing stopping someone from being a feminist and a complete jerk.

6 Likes

If she weren’t whining, she wouldn’t be a republican.

Just look at the headlines here dealing with republican presidential candidates. All these morons do is whine.

Does Politico mention that when the men do it?

8 Likes

Nobody dislikes Fiorina for her “womanhood” we dislike her because she is a dishonest serial liar and a sociopathic personality who would be very dangerous in Government.
She has proven this time and time again in her private career and the evidence is there to see for anyone not wearing “partisan blinders”.

29 Likes

Well said indeed

6 Likes

Politico is Drudge with better graphics.

12 Likes

Trump and Fiorina are the archetypes of the two worst kinds of CEO’s. Both are narcissists, but Trump’s bombastic, petty, demeaning, constantly self-referential narcissism is the brittle shell that protects a tiny, fragile, insecure little man inside. He’s the kind of boss who surrounds himself with sycophants and asskissers, brooks no opposition, hears only what he wants to hear, and demeans and denigrates, in the most personal terms possible, anyone who dares deny his awesomeness.

Fiorina is the real-deal narcissist, the kind of person so invincibly sure of her own awesomeness that it doesn’t matter what those around her say or do or tell her because she’s just that awesome! She’s absolutely sure that everything she’s done is awesome and can’t comprehend why anyone would thing otherwise. If she thinks a thing, that makes it true, if she does a thing that makes it awesome, and it it thus not even comprehensible how anyone can look at all the awesome things she did and dismiss them as the bumbling of a self-promoting mediocrity. And her awesomeness being complete, it is thus only just that she should devote some little time and energy to encouraging those around her to worship her as she deserves. Behold the awesomeness that is Carly!

20 Likes

So I guess POlitico is getting nervous about CNN trying to occupy the “Faux Lite” spot?

This is fucking nonsense. Hillary is all those things and because she is pro-choice, actually calls herself “feminist,” talks about issues like unequal pay and women’s health, etc., she’s widely considered and slammed by the conservatives and MSM as a screeching, cold-hearted, pushy harpy. What Politico is really saying here is “Fiorina is one of the ‘good ones’ and doesn’t actually try to address the issues women face so she’s comfortably non-threatening to men.”

GO FIND THE ARTICLES AND HOLD THEM UP IN COMPARISON, TPM.

15 Likes

Sommers should be less concerned how to label someone than that someone’s position on issues that matter. Is Fiorina for equal pay regardless of gender? I thought so.

2 Likes

Wow, way to set the bar low.

4 Likes

I’d go with habitual liar first…egoist second…narcissist third.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available