Discussion: 'The View' Host: Carly Fiorina's Debate Face Looked Like 'Demented' Halloween Mask

That’s not fair. To Joker masks.

and win

2 Likes

I’d be okay if it were just her looks that were “demented”. But unfortunately, her policy positions can be described the same way.

2 Likes

Not interested in supposed liberals behaving the same as the gaggle of harpies on Faux’s daytime show Outnumbered.

9 Likes

She definitely has the severe looks to go with her persona and what comes out of her mouth…then again, GOP voters tend to go for that dominatrix sort of thing, like we all deserve harsh treatment because we are all sinners that need to be punished. Carly’s schtick kinda fits that narrative.

2 Likes

They should leave these attacks about Failorina’s looks to us:

1 Like

I dunno, she has pretty eyes for a shark.

4 Likes

Failorina obviously instructed her plastic surgeon to “sculpt my face to reveal the inner me”.

1 Like

It’s all about context, really. To say someone looks “demented,” male or female, is really not saying as much about the person’s appearance as what that person’s appearance could signify about him or her personally. If you say to someone, “You look crazy,” that person will likely not stand in the mirror and sob for hours because you’ve crushed his or her self-esteem based on personal appearance alone. “Demented” itself has no immediate relationship to standards of beauty in our culture, except to be, typically, vaguely unappealing for a variety of reasons again not related to appearance alone. Say you wish to clarify it as a more superficial observation, you could say, “You look like a demented vampire whore,” and that will likely not bring to mind much in the way of substantive personal evaluation, but rather a simple recognition of what a demented vampire whore might look like.

To say someone is fat or ugly (or attractive, for that matter) is very different. There is no other qualifier to its meaning except its assertion of one’s appearance and perhaps whatever associated subjective worth comes from that, individually- and culturally-speaking, and to cast such remarks specifically or solely based on appearance is shallow and cheap. I do think appearance-based assertions of persons’ worth disproportionately targets women, and often to more severe degrees than men. But if we’re all to immediately scream “____ism!” at the mere mention of how a person appears, without examining the whole of what is said, we are doing a disservice to the art of basic reading/hearing comprehension.

I don’t think it’s sexist to say Carly Fiorina looked demented last night. The incongruity between what she was hoping to convey about herself and what was actually registering on her face was enough to make her seem a bit off, at the very least. I’d even go so far as to say she looked like a vampire. But not a whore, which is ironic, because like the rest of the men on that stage, she absolutely is that, as well.

3 Likes

Proving once again that sisterhood is powerful.

1 Like

Such double standards on this forum. If it were a man being attacked for his appearance, this forum shows very little objection.

There’s quite a bit of muscle toning involved in that locked jaw and cold, indifferent stare. Cruella de firm…don’t bounce a quarter, you won’t get it back.

2 Likes

The issue is not about her looks so much as her expression, which conveyed a rigidity and robotic aspect to her way of dealing with an issue. Fiorina’s remarks about Boxer’s appearance were of a more demeaning sort, dismissive and salon-dryer catty.

5 Likes

A post-cancer treatment shot?

2 Likes

After reading the many comments here and some time to reflect, I do see what you’re saying here. Largely, I would say I agree. Carly Fiorina most certainly does display and convey a special kind of mean-hearted attitude. She always has, from Day One I ever heard of the woman. She is mean, hard-hearted to anyone unlike herself and to those less fortunate than herself.

5 Likes

Should be - but it’s sooooo difficult in her case

It was not Carly’s face that sank HP.

6 Likes

Stop it. Attack her on her record. Attack her on her lies. Leave looks out of it.

4 Likes

And how often does that happen? Women are attacked on their looks, the tone of their voices, their wrinkles, their ‘cankles’ and what do they say about men? They wonder if he has a comb over…

2 Likes

It’s clear that Carly is Botoxed up the wazoo. I thought her face was going to split wide open when she tried to smile. Look at older pictures of her and she looks somewhat human but with more wrinkles. Now she looks like something out of Madame Toussoud’s.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available