Discussion: NV GOP Senator Announces Opposition To Senate Health Care Bill

1 Like

We knew that this was coming. Now who will bow down and kiss McConnell’s ass more for the other pass–Flake, Collins or Capito?

5 Likes

Better headline: NV GOP Senator Lies About His Health Care Vote

16 Likes

He may be one of the two who have been granted dispensation by the Turtle to vote no. Paul is supposedly trying to grab the other one.

12 Likes

Kabuki Theatre- all of these will give way eventually and it will pass. Mark my words, the hand-wringing is stage art.

16 Likes

That would mean Murkowski, and Collins would have to vote for it.

5 Likes

No. Paul is showboating for some air-time. McConnell knows he’ll fall in line once it gets too hot or the cameras stop coming around.

4 Likes

FYI: For those who do not live in Nevada, here’s is an online ad that appears for those who do, including on TPM:

14 Likes

I actually believe him. He’d be signing his political death warrant in NV. And the only thing Republicans care about more than their party or the rich is self-preservation. I also think Collins is going to be a “no” particularly if she plans to run for governor next year. I dunno, I’m leaning toward this bill being DOA.

ETA: The real question is who is going to hide behind who? Will the moderates hide behind the crazies, or vice versa? Or, will a bunch of them use the bill’s impending failure as an excuse to bail?

22 Likes

Color me v e r y cautious.

2 Likes

Nevada has a small population, and a fair percentage of residents are Democrats, or lean Blue. Remember, Harry Reid (D-Milktoast) was from Nevada. Senator whatisname better be very cautious in following Trump’s treacherous agenda.

2 Likes

26 Likes

After the house debacle, I fear for the worst. That said - I hope you are right. DOA would be great. Til it is revived the next time.

5 Likes

Oh, THEM. Its all kabuki song&dance for the Maine ladies. They’ll vote Repug.

7 Likes

Like Josh says, Republican moderates always cave.

@established_1781. Maybe, but Paul is a true believer. He cares more about what his father tells him than what Turtle tells him.

5 Likes

Just wait til next week … lots of pressure as Trump does nasty tweets, Fox faints and shrieks and the talkradiorightscreechers amp up the pressure … I suspect that the senator will be diagonosed with a case of weak-knees.

2 Likes

I think they’re running out of political time, and they’re about to get an earful over the holiday recess. Hopefully, anyone who isn’t afraid will be very afraid when they return.

12 Likes

Shorter Heller: This is my first official stage of Caving.

Its also a Friday.

5 Likes

Whenever I see a R making a statement about opposing a trumpp idea, I immediately check to see when he/she is up for re-election. That’ll will tell you all you need to know. I believe there are eight of them including Heller and Flake up for reelection and they are from states Hillary Clinton came within 5 points of winning in 2016.

13 Likes

I don’t really believe that. I don’t think the current situation where they’re actually in a position to pass extremely significant legislation really compares to voting no on something or voting to stop something. This is the first time in a decade Republicans have to actually live with the consequences of their vote because there’s a Republican president to actually sign something into law.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available