Discussion: NPS Approves 'Unite The Right' Anniversary Rally Outside White House

Should be plenty of ripe tomatoes available… just sayin :smiley:

Just another chance for the ReWhited States of Amurikkka to look in the mirror and decide whether it actually likes what it sees.

1 Like

The fact that it’s primarily white males is something of a silver lining. That would tend to indicate that they are likely being self-selected out of the gene pool if they aren’t attracting a lot of support from the other gender. If there were a lot of women showing up alongside these man-childs, I’d say there was more cause for concern. @left_in_washington_state, they may be scary now, but it is a problem that will rectify itself within a generation.

I wonder if the folks planning to attend the rally are aware of the racial demographics of DC? They might be surprised to find they don’t garner a lot of sympathy from the local populace. Though I suppose the more cynical and depressing view would be that they are counting on that fact.

3 Likes

Unless…the U.S. succumbs to Pence’s Handmaid’s Tale fantasy. Then these guys will be awarded a vessel of their own.

HAIL Hitler! ??

1 Like

Perfect. The photos will be some the worst publicity this administration could possibly have – two months before the mid-terms. Potential optics couldn’t possibly be worse and I can’t but hope there will be white hoods.

Plus, if there are protests, how will (can) they respond? Can’t make nasty about supremacists since it will upset the base. And good and bad on both sides was weak tea before, gonna be even worse with people practically on their way to the voting booths.

1 Like

Wow! What optics!

I can see it all now!!

1 Like

Seig Hail!

1 Like

I hear the White Supremacists have invited Borat to sing his big hit for Stephen Miller…I’m sure they will all enjoy it!?

2 Likes

Better, something knitted.
Definitely pink.
With ears.

1 Like

Jewish and Black businesses better start buying plywood for their storefronts. Probably wouldn’t hurt for all businesses that are not white to do the same. Also, cover up the naming on the storefronts so these fucking Nazi’s won’t be able to target you.

1 Like

Watch. While this is going on, the Capitol will mysteriously burn down. Then Trump and the Republifascists will blame it on, you name it, Libruls, Latinos, Illegals, Hillary, Obama, whatever.
Then, martial law, and Orange Orifice becomes President for Life. Or future elections are called off on account of the “threat” and “emergency.” Same thing.
Why not? It’s happened before.

1 Like

The National Park Service says it has approved an application for a “Unite the Right” anniversary rally to be held in front of the White House.

Why “in front of”? Why not “in”?

3 Likes

Gee, will these white supremacist NRA adherents be allowed to carry guns?

1 Like

Having grown up in the DC area, I would advise these clowns to keep a very low profile.

Donald will invite them in…

This protest is planned for Lafayette Square, not the National Mall. A big turn-out on the mall would be a nice counterpoint to the few that show up at the square.

Quick edit - if you aren’t familiar with Washington - the two locations are separated by the White House.

3 Likes

That should go smoothly. Everybody is sure to have a happy fun time.

A joke to lighten the color – er, I mean, the mood – lighten the mood:

Q: How can you tell the difference between a Klan rally in DC and just a normal GOP Congressional Caucus meeting?

A: No, really – how can you tell the difference?

2 Likes

A non-protest. All ethnicities, religions, gay, straight, bi, trans enjoying the company of each other as fellow humans maybe having at picnic.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available