Discussion: NPS Approves 'Unite The Right' Anniversary Rally Outside White House

Klan march or RNC Convention?

1 Like

I hope the antifa shows up. In large numbers.

1 Like

Open carry is illegal, but I wouldn’t put it past them to try and ignore the law. However, that wouldn’t go particularly well for them - the Secret Service takes a dim view of people waving guns around within line-of-sight of the White House.

Stop.

DC police might not be quite as docile as charlottesville, should the unofficial fascists go off their reservation.

Maybe we can convince Steven Colbert, Jon Stewart and friends to reprise their “The Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear“, but this time build the event around a poem by Langston Hughes - Let America Be America Again!

A big community party open to everyone that cares…

[In this day and age, I find this poem to be particularly meaningful. If you’re interested, here’s a link to the poem: https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/let-america-be-america-again ]

3 Likes

Wow, thank you for that link - that was the greatest article that unfortunately almost no one will see. Every time one of these anti immigrant idiots start spouting off on TV, they should post their ancestral immigration information in a scroll below them. The Dan Scavino one about chain migration was especially noteworthy.

3 Likes

Too true!

This does not make sense.

The White House belongs to all Americans, not just the present occupant. He is only there temporarily, thank the gods!! His fans should have no right to rally their white racism in front of the peoples’ house.

I’m thinking Mother Nature may send some lightning bolts their way during the rally.

1 Like

Should be right at home outside the WH

Too late. As Masha Gessen has written, the authoritarian dictator has already wormed his way into your brain forever. And he is ineradicable.

1 Like

Wanna bet?

Perfect. Langston Hughes is among our late, great American treasures. We read a lot of his poetry way back when I was in high school (early 70’s).

ETA. Great website. Thanks for the link.

It’s a wardrobe dilemma- do they wear brown shirts or black?

1 Like

Great website! http://resistancegenealogy.com/

When it’s almost too painful to read the news, I can always count on TPMers helping me learn new things. Thanks,

1 Like

Great call!

Let the Trump-Confederate-Nazi rabble come forward.

You could put a banana next to a nazi flag. From then on it will be impossible to remove the stench from the banana.

I also hear that Miller will be sporting one dazzling brown shirt.

1 Like

What has helped me is to create media black out zones. If you can’t go through a whole day without checking the news, try to make it through the first half of the day with no news or no news until after work. It’ll especially help if you pick a day or two out of the week to always ignore the news–just tell a couple best friends that you never follow the news on Tuesdays and Thursdays now and have them text you if something massive breaks. This way you can take the day off from the news but know if something monumental happens you won’t find out about it the next day. Have alternative web sites to visit/things to do during those time zones, places where politics usually won’t intrude. It doesn’t always work out for me, sometimes I know major news might be breaking and can’t help myself but I do get days in where I don’t check the news at all and those are good days.

2 Likes

Well, now. We finally have an explanation for this picture.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available