Discussion: Merkley: Migrant Kids Are Kept In Cages On Concrete Floor At TX Border Station

Children in Cages = American Exceptionalism.

Please stand for the National Anthem.

38 Likes

Sounds like a “camp” where people are kept together – “concentrated,” you might say. I wonder if there’s a name for a place like that?

34 Likes

As usual, THIS story, which is far more important than the screeching moron, is barely getting attention. A U.S. denied access to a detention center run by the government. Meh.

35 Likes

They won’t allow a U.S. Senator to see what they are doing to children. Let that sink in. No oversight allowed.

57 Likes

We should all be sickened by what is being done to these kids - in our name.

@carolson I couldn’t agree more.

23 Likes

Why the hell doesn’t the press just stop running his goddamn antics. Or, at the very least, put them at the bottom of the page. It’s beyond absurd. They’re all playing right into his hands and then we’ll have lots of chest beating about it. It’s 10 AM on Monday, for Chrissakes.

8 Likes

This is real news; Somebody tell CNN et.al.

15 Likes

Appalling. If children were living in such conditions in a home, they would be removed by child protection services.

37 Likes

Of course, how else do you think you treat brown “animals”… according to some at least.

4 Likes

There is also reporting on the number of immigrants being detained at Tijuana and who are being warehoused there and it’s becoming a humanitarian crisis. Can’t get into the US, too afraid to go back to Mexico and elsewhere. It’s like a nightmarish version of Hotel California, they can check in but they can never leave.

@eduardoinohio @junebug @sanni @carolson

15 Likes

In less than two years, DJT and admin. have made the U.S. a global embarrassment and a model for no one.

16 Likes

Yeah, they’re so terrified of oversight regarding how they’re treating children ripped from their parents arms for no reason other than to terrorize potential illegal immigrants with the threat of gratuitous cruelty that they actually called the cops on a U.S. senator. Let that sink in.

39 Likes

Bingo, American exceptionalism not and for sure that which I never risked my life back in the 60s for.

15 Likes

The link doesn’t work - but even just reading the description - I shudder.

Conservative owners and $$$$$$$$$$…

1 Like

Try this. It’s an important story.

5 Likes

This link works. Damn. Yes this needs to be shared. Widely.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice if a whistleblower from one of these companies happened to post a few pics online?

11 Likes

What a disgrace for our people. The face we are being given by the goons in the White House.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available