Discussion: Merkley: Migrant Kids Are Kept In Cages On Concrete Floor At TX Border Station

Not surprising. Only rich white kids and the unborn matter.

3 Likes

Just had to say Go Merkley!!

He’s my Senator. He’s getting a thank you letter and a donation.

16 Likes

Please stand for the National Anthem.

I am a season ticket holder for our minor league baseball and hockey teams. I haven’t stood for the National Anthem since November 6, 2016. Instead, I sit with my hands folded and my head bowed as I think about what is happening to our country.

11 Likes

Speaking of the national anthem and saluting the flag:

15 Likes

I guess this is the “whatever” in John Kelly’s “foster care or whatever.”

Have we started waterboarding yet? They need “enhanced interrogation?” They really, really do to make sure they are punished for even trying to cross the border. That will show 'em.

And I thought I lived in a civilized country.

10 Likes

MAGA what? this is not my America.

2 Likes

To think, we did it to the japanese way back when for war reasons.
Today we do it to children for,
I’m at a loss for words.
Disgraceful does come to mind.

4 Likes

The word you are looking for is “Money”.

It was a private contractor, after all, running the place.

That’s what distinguishes us from Hitler. He put people in camps because he hated them. We put people in camps to make money off of them.

5 Likes

Hmmmm.

https://www.smu.edu/ola/BriefingPapers/DutytoReportSuspectedChildAbuseintheStateofTexas

4 Likes

I think we may have an answer to the question:

“Are We The Baddies?”

3 Likes

Love David Mitchell! Thanks for sharing.

(Not to detract from the point)

1 Like

What’s the problem? They’re just animals, after all…right? Whatcha gonna do, call PETA? Clearly, leftists think illegal Mexican animals should get better treatment than our own American animals in pounds and kennels across the country. Why do liberals hate Amurikkka?

3 Likes

Every Democrat, needs to get down to the border and be told by other public paid employees that they cannot see how their tax dollars are being spent.

This is awful. Seriously, call your Reps, just getting down there an being told by an official, that a US elected Senator, or State elected Reps cannot have oversight of a facility they fund is a PR nightmare for DHS and Border Patrol and worth every penny if you help these kids who are being torn from their parents who are seeking asylum or relief from the US givernment.

It is just beyond awful, and their are so many things to feel awful about in the good ol’ US of A.

6 Likes

When the trumps, pruitts, devoses, zinkes et. al. finally meet justice I my thoughts and atheistic prayers are that they are controlled and kept secure in the same manner as these kids.

5 Likes

Every single member of this administration must be brought to justice.

3 Likes

Merkley added that when he inquired about the draconian living conditions, he was given “generic” answers: “this is what’s required for security, this is what’s required for control.”

“It’s part of our Be Best initiative.”

7 Likes

Trump, Sessions, Nielsen (DHS) and Homan (ICE) should all be in prison for the rest of their lives if this is even remotely true. Preferrably a prison that is at least one step below how they are treating these kids. I hope an internationl court puts them all on trial too.

8 Likes

Doesn’t Arpaio’s old “inmates must wear pink” location still exist?

Agree. Let them know you’re paying attention. I rang Sherod Brown’s bell this morning. Waiting for a reply.

4 Likes

They did that during the Muslim ban, they were not allowing legislator see the people detained. ICE are the stormtroopers of Trumpism.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available