Discussion: Medicaid Directors From Red And Blue States Reject Graham-Cassidy Repeal

I am toning down my initial reaction to your post here, and am just going to point out that if you substitute “Blonds” or whatever derogatory utterances you care to make about large diverse groups of people you like to look down your nose at, you are not only wrong but bigoted.

/high horse

1 Like

Your comment is excellent!

2 Likes

What do you mean?

Yes and it was Joe Biden’s son in the Delaware banking industry when he gave us the Bankruptcy bill that fucked working Americans for the benefit of same banking industry. All while keeping those dirty hippies at bay.

2 Likes

For the last three nights, Jimmy Kimmel has been roasting the GOP, and particularly Senator Cassidy (Asshat- LA), about how the GOP is lying about everything involved with the attempt at ACA repeal. The GOP response? Jimmy Kimmel is just a comedian and know’s nothing about health insurance.

5 Likes

There are few politicians Democrats hate more than republicans, but among the cohort they do hate are other Democrats. I say this to remind people that we never, or rarely, hear republicans bash other republicans, no matter how vile or irresponsibly they act towards their constituents and this is part of the reason they remain cohesive even on the most misbegotten legislation they put forward.

@maxie I’m talking to you, and also adding how disgusting your remarks are about hillbillies. You wouldn’t use any other pejorative so freely but they make an easy target.

@paulw

3 Likes

"True conservatives are a dying breed, though. Most people who self-identify as “conservative” these days are actually espousing a bizarre, inconsistent hybrid of Objectivism, Christian Theocracy, Plutocracy, Anarchism and corporate welfare."

4 Likes

Blondes voted to deregulate the banks? Blondes voted to cut taxes on the wealthy and cut service for the poor in order to be “responsible”?

Sounds like our problems are worse than I thought!

2 Likes

I suggest that everyone who knows this bill will adversely affect them, take action. I have sympathy for their plight but I didn’t vote the Republicans/Trumps into office and I have my healthcare insurance taken care of for the next 10 years. I suspect a fair amount of trump supporters and many more Republicans will be adversely affected by the G-C bill so this battle has to be won in a bi-partisan effort. My Senators are so up Trump’s backside canal they’re drowning in his slimy effluence … a call would be useless.

I was born and raised in rural white America. I’ve earned the fucking right to talk about them any fucking way I want. BTW, Democrats like me have been nothing but bashed by the moderate, DNC driven Democratic Party.

Unlike the typical effete Democrat…I fight back.

I didn’t know that about Susan Bayh, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

One of those little facts that stay with a person.

1 Like

You can fucking talk at the Hyde Park Speakers’ Corner if you want, and do it fucking naked as well. Mothers will only rush to cover their children’s ears and cover their eyes at the sight and sound of you.

2 Likes

patent bullshit.

2 Likes

But democrats’ fundamental problem is that we’re too solidly bound to reality.

I’d say the Dem’s problem is that they’re not particularly effective in communicating why that reality needs change, and communicating how they propose to change it.

The extremism of the GOP with respect to the environment and public health has gotten to the point where Republicans consider that all regulations for clean air, drinkable water, safe food and drugs should be done away with. It’s no longer an argument about the degree and extent of regulations—Trump’s GOP now wants to get rid of it all. Against the backdrop of Flint, that’s an opening big enough for the Democrats to fly a fleet of C-5 Galaxies through, but it requires far more than a 30-point Powerpoint presentation delivered by some minor Senate aide to an environmental organization nobody pays attention to.

2 Likes

You’re comment makes zero sense. I’m not at Hyde Park. I’m on TPM Einstein.

Republicans have gone from nihilism to flat out torch. They can no longer be reasoned with. Just hope that three of them have enough strength to drag their feet for eight more days. That’s the best we can ever hope for anymore.

2 Likes

Hyde Park welcomes all comers, from nuts to more nutty. And P.S. when you go after @thunderclapnewman you’re walking into a hungry tiger’s cage. Knock yourself out.

3 Likes

Cassidy - “Everybody hates this but us. Even Republican Governors.”

Graham - “Perfect, let’s get it done.”

1 Like

They hyper-defensiveness of moderate Democrats is only matched by the hyper-defensiveness of the GOP…two peas in a pod? The same shrill comments, appropo of nothing, the inability to deal with the substance of arguments…very, very GOP-like.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available