Discussion: Kushner To Lead New WH Office To Overhaul Federal Government

Oh yes, Kushner is to solve the issues between Israel and the Palestinians. Now he will also solve Trump’s problems. Nice! We are to have a business-like government. We know how well that worked for the repeal of Obamacare. Does Trump have any idea how to govern? Next we’ll have a plan on how to play golf and change the way we are governed. Trump is a huge disappointment

3 Likes

Next up: World Peace.

5 Likes

@the_loan_arranger In re the Sosa trade - a genius move. He allowed Sosa to go where his talent could flourish. The sign of a benevolent executive with only the best interests of his employees at heart. /s

As for Cheney/Halliburton - I left out the second snark tag.But again, I would argue that Dubyah showed himself to be just a good ol’ boy lookin’ out for his pals without being greedy on his own account. Of course he has cut down on his possible retirement travel options…

5 Likes

Great strategery!

Overhaul of the government by people with absolutely no idea how the government works or what it really does.

What could possibly go wrong?

5 Likes

Outstanding manual really, so much more than a newsletter. Plus you can read the whole thing in one session on the treadmill. “Jared’s so popular” sung to “Jeux sans frontiers” When I was a slightly abused child, older sisters only, my older sister made me think the lyrics to her favorite song were “she’s so popular.” So I sang those words to the Peter Gabriel song for years. Years. I still haven’t lived it down decades later. Decades.

So … “Jared’s so popular” they want him to testify before the Ess Eye See.

Hans plays with Lotte, Lotte plays with Jane
Jane plays with Willi, Willi is happy again
Suki plays with Leo, Sacha plays with Britt
Adolf builts a bonfire, Enrico plays with it

Andre has a red flag, Chiang Ching’s is blue
They all have hills to fly them on except for Lin Tai Yu
Dressing up in costumes, playing silly games
Hiding out in tree-tops shouting out rude names

5 Likes

Kushner will then unfortunately spend that time babysitting Trump due to his tantrums.

3 Likes

@kwoodgr Trump is a huge disappointment

You expected something different? Seriously?!

5 Likes

So, paying somebody without knowledge of how to do this to just cut things that conservatives do not like. Government in and of itself does not lead to stagnation. If business do what they are meant to, they work around regulations. That are meant to help people that would otherwise be run over by said things.

Also, under budget is the way you went bankrupt a few times, or nearly so.

4 Likes

And a cure for cancer. Kushner will also be in charge of rapid response to world-wide crises.*

*NB: No crises will be permitted between sunset on Friday and sunset on Saturday.

11 Likes

Kushner is Count Ciano to Trump’s Mussolini

1 Like

Trump is going to try to create an American oligarchy. From the Washington Post back in August 2016:

The real problem with Trump isn’t that he is sympathetic to Russian oligarchs, it’s that he is a Russian oligarch, albeit one who happens to be American.
He has never shown any interest in real policy debates or political ideas, just in whom and what he could buy.
Federal records in June showed that a fifth of his campaign spending was being directed toward his own businesses, ensuring that he makes a profit whatever happens.

Moscow oligarchs are far richer than Trump, which is perhaps why he admires them. And they are richer because they successfully converted their money into political power and then used their political power to make even more money. Might a President Trump not continue in the same vein?

I think we now know the answer to that question. The article was actually pretty damn spot on. Google this headline for the whole story:
“The secret to Trump: He’s really a Russian oligarch”

18 Likes

This entire Administration is smoke and mirrors. They havent produced anything resembling a coherent policy agenda to help guide federal agency priorities. Instead of doing any real work on policy agendas or hiring for the political appointment positions inside the government where actual leadership is needed, they are playing these optics games.

Every rule of a business is based on a bottom line. The bottom line for government is delivering services. This administration has not owned up to the responsibility for those services by setting any kind of useful agenda for most of them. These people are the worst sort of amateurs and impostors - all show and zero substance. They truly are acting like they are running a tv show and pretending the federal government doesnt exist because it isnt sexy enough for the plot lines.

11 Likes

This is what is referred to as a “Oh look, there’s a squirrel!” move.

Meanwhile, the president is free to go play golf.

2 Likes

“Like” for the Peter Gabriel clip. I saw him in 1993 and he put on an outstanding show.

2 Likes

Permission to steal, sir?

3 Likes

Their bottom line is putting more bottom line on their and their cronies bottom lines.

“I could be the first person to make money running for President”
Donald J Trump , 2000

6 Likes

And when will the international merger talks start? Will our members of Congress’ staff have their jobs shipped overseas?
And will state’s have their governments be branches? I don’t think this will pass the “state’s rights” folks.

And for all those that think the IRS is evil, will it be turned into debt collectors?

5 Likes

Congress and the Judiciary do not work for the Executive. They are not employees of the POTUS.

4 Likes

And “go to the mattresses” will be back in vogue.

1 Like

Republican Family Values.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available