Discussion: Kushner To Lead New WH Office To Overhaul Federal Government

I think this is all about the purge Putin ordered

8 Likes

But itā€™s all laid out right here in the ACME How To Run a Government Newsletter. Paragraph three tells how to recover from last weekā€™s disaster.

10 Likes

Yeah, Drumpfieā€™s spawn and their appendages do not get it and will never get it. Let 'em crash and burn. The more spectacularly, the better.

8 Likes

Heā€™ll also default on the national debt and refuse to pay all government contractors. In any case, he wonā€™t declare bankruptcy until after heā€™s sold off all of the nationā€™s assets. Whatā€™s the going rate for a nuclear warhead on the open market these days?

17 Likes

@the_loan_arranger ā€œā€¦there is no way in hell you can consider George W. Bush a success in business.ā€

Well, he did get to be Presnit, so thereā€™s that. /s

But seriously, a good number of his ā€œassociatesā€ made out okay on that little Eye-rack deal.

3 Likes

Oh shit. This is why we canā€™t have nice things. Like universal single payer healthcare, decent roads and a new power grid.

13 Likes

Under budget, ahead of schedule.

Start with the Secret Service. Iā€™ll bet you could get local security cheap if you post the gigs on Craigslist. Why hire expensive career agents that have to be flown from site to site when you will be in a location just a few hours or days? The savings on benefits alone would be huge.

19 Likes

Thank god they put someone with maturity and experience in charge of the reform

Hell, I couldnā€™t carry it off even as a joke.

9 Likes

All of this happens while Kushner is also solving the Israeli - Palestinian conflict. Might as well ask him to solve cold fusion while he is at it. The fact that Trump assigns such undertakings to relatively inexperienced individuals (e.g., State, EPA, DOE, Education, etc.) shows how little appreciation he has for, or understanding of, the complex nature of government. And, as already pointed out, the US Government is not a business. Business leaders are not tasked to provide for the common defense or promote the general welfare and can declare bankruptcy when it is advantageous. Business leaders can be heartless robber barons and while that describes much of the Republican Party, it is not who we are as a nation.

44 Likes

Or even a government.

14 Likes

Not to mention having the mob and the Russians on your side.

2 Likes

Pocketing the money.

3 Likes

Be that as it may, Bush will always be known as the guy who traded Sammy Sosa.

That was all Cheneyā€™s idea. The smartest thing you could have done after the 2000 election was buy Halliburton stock.

2 Likes

I have less than vanishingly small confidence in this kidā€™s ability to do more than act like heā€™s a big deal, in his irritatingly humble and unassuming manner. FFS, his father bought his way into Harvard. The only thing in his ā€œresumeā€ that I see as mildly redeeming is that he played hockey in high school. But Iā€™ll wager he didnā€™t like to get hit, and probably whined to the ref if someone dumped him into the boards.

6 Likes

Kushner lacks direct experience, but he is well read.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51wKsdKy97L.SY344_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

11 Likes

Almost all the inefficiency of government results from laws and review regulations that ensure public participation and transparency ā€“ accountability of those same bureaucrats. In other words, the same aspects of Public Service versus business processes that Rex Tillerson seems to be having such tdouble with.

16 Likes

This move smells like the right-wing move to convene a constitutional convention. I wonder if the two are shoots from the same root, with lots wingnut financial support behind them. I canā€™t imagine Trump developing the idea or Kushner caring enough to promote it on his own. After all, all kleptocrats really want to do is klept.

4 Likes

ā€œPolitics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.ā€ Groucho Marx

12 Likes

Maybe heā€™ll be running it from jail.

9 Likes

It helps w bottom line if you stiff the contractors. Hidden savings.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available