Discussion: Kobach Sanctioned By Court For 'Deceptive Conduct And Lack Of Candor'

This one’s easy, courtesy of the Current Occupant:

1. Accuse the judge of doing shoddy work.
  2. Refuse to pay the fine.
7 Likes

Deposition, under oath. The perjury possibilities are endless.

18 Likes

Hope so, he’s despicable.

5 Likes

Phony cheating by the democrats is bad, but real cheating by the republicans is totally ok, legal, and patriotic.

6 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

5 Likes

Get the deposition out of Kansas and I’d agree with you.

8 Likes

I wonder just how drunk Melania needs to get to, ya know…

It would take more gin than there is in all of Hemel-Hempstead.

6 Likes

There’s got to be a list, right? A list that if you get sued a lot you don’t want to be on.

3 Likes

Yes, it could, actually. It could very easily happen to a nicer guy.

8 Likes

About Judge O’Hara (from the court website)

While in private practice, O’Hara served on the Ethics and Grievance Committee of the Johnson County Bar Association, on the Kansas Board for Discipline of Attorneys, on the Bench-Bar Committee of the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, and on the boards of civic and church organizations.
http://www.ksd.uscourts.gov/james-p-ohara/

The Judge is a big ethics in law advocate. This is going to get good.

@twowolves

23 Likes

That describes that tennis picture perfectly.

15 Likes

So does - Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

8 Likes

I fail to see how Kobach’s reputation could possibly get any worse.

4 Likes

I hesitated before I “liked.” And I now need brain disinfectant.

6 Likes

Well, I guess you know I think this guy is Evil; Republicans are … well, you know

1 Like

Yeah, but if he plays too many games during the deposition, there could be a discovery referee or magistrate appointed to be present during it.

10 Likes

The amount of the sanction doesn’t matter as much as the fact of the sanctions. The vast majority of lawyers and clients never get sanctioned in their entire careers. Everyone in the profession remembers when someone they know of gets sanctioned. It’s a big scarlet “S” on your career.

And it actually takes quite a lot to get a federal judge or magistrate to issue sanctions. I’ve only succeeded in getting them imposed once and the facts there were clearly egregious.

20 Likes

It’s different here in California, then.

Getting it was the easy part. I think you’re the superhero for knowing about it. :innocent:

8 Likes

Kathleen

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available