Discussion: Kelly 'Stunned' That Dem Rep. Criticized Trump's Call To Soldier's Widow

I just can’t understand why Trump is so obsessed with humiliating this poor woman who’s lost so much.

Oh, wait…

"One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn’t belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others,
By the time I finish my song?"

24 Likes

Thank you. It’s a really important principle for me.

2 Likes

OMG - Had to chuckle…Hopefully, taking up “kitten-watching” hobby may fix blood pressures as well…

I’m also :pray: full, that this nightmare passes.

4 Likes

CNN is reporting that Kelly told Moronic Donnie Two Scoops what to say and is “stunned” by the criticism. That explains why he is so defensive. It also takes into account that Moronic Donnie Two Scoops fucked it up.

14 Likes

Actually, they all belong.

4 Likes

Ducklings are just as good as kittens, if not actually more calming to some of us.

4 Likes

She was actually talking about her stepson from whom she was estranged and hadn’t seen in years., the rest of the family knew better then to be used for political gain.

2 Likes

OT—More Republican Fuckery:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/diane-black-emergency-rooms_us_59e674cce4b0d0e4fe6bd0ee

16 Likes

Until today, I held onto a sliver of hope that this guy was a buffer between Donald Trump and sane America. I’m now fully divested of that misconception. This guy’s just as much of an asshole as his boss. Fuck him.

7 Likes

I didn’t know that. You have a link about it to share?

Here is what I found: https://bonnierussell.wordpress.com/2016/07/19/would-sean-smith-be-proud-of-his-mother-patricia-smith/

1 Like

From “The congresswoman totally fabricated the story and I have proof” to “Yes he said it and how dare she ‘listen in’? I’m stunned, STUNNED!”

12 Likes

Summary of Kelly’s comments: I suggested to Trump what to say, he botched it. When he was confronted about that in the Cabinet Room, he lied. Why are you guys making this a story.

11 Likes

It’s a great principle it really is. I’ve never heard it put quite like that and it’s completely straightforward and terse, which is good.

4 Likes

19 Likes

Baby pigs and goats are also fun.

4 Likes

Otters and hedgehogs are adorable.

6 Likes

Josh:
“I am going to leave aside Kelly’s motives.”

I won’t

Josh:
“ President Trump is a blowhard and a phony and a liar. Kelly isn’t.”

Kelly will lie through his teeth easily, often and convincingly if it suits his purposes.

8 Likes

I don’t think what he did today was duty for country. Duty to his boss, maybe. Fulfilling duty for country would have meant calling Twitler out on his repeated, unacceptable, ever-increasing treasonous bullshit. Instead he gave Twitler political cover – or tried to, and gratuitously attacked a Democratic congresswoman (an African American woman, which was probably not an accident) for, as he claimed, “listening in”, and tried to gin up massive outrage against her, probably with a significant racial tinge.

Another one who’s crossed Josh’s Trump Dignity Wraith Event Horizon. I’m done with him.

7 Likes

Additionally (if it matters), the congresswoman was reported to be a family friend, so its not like a stranger “listening in” as if one is listening in on a private conversation when on speakerphone in a vehicle.

So Kelly confirms Trump lied his ass off (again) and said this.
“Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof). Sad!” Trump twitter Oct 18
“I didn’t say what that congresswoman said; didn’t say it all. She knows it,” Trump said later Oct 18

12 Likes

As Josh said, Trump poisons everything.
Kelly is more into appearance of “honor” – “Women are sacred?” Jesus. That’s the sort of “honor” that led to lynchings in the south.

But it’s all show anyway, however deeply felt it is for him, as he went after Congresswoman Wilson like she was some dog or something, instead of, you know, a friend of the family who was with them at this terrible moment. Trump couldn’t even be bothered to send a note or know the soldier’s name, but Rep. Wilson accompanied the family to the coffin. But for Kelly, none of the reality matters. What matters is his boss’s whims, which he has apparently pledged to protect, even if it means dissing this military family along with the Khans and anyone Trump doesn’t like.

I will never understand how basically decent people can work for (never “with”) Trump. Then again, maybe it’s because no basically decent people COULD work with him.

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available