Discussion: Kelly 'Stunned' That Dem Rep. Criticized Trump's Call To Soldier's Widow

How about they start turning away GOPers?

2 Likes

I think I he tries, not very hard, it’s always a weak effort…and that may be his personality or his nature… but he when he lashes out in defense, cruelly and dishonestly as he’s called on his empathy missteps, that is a choice…he could change his behaviors if he didn’t have such delusions of grandeur and an unbreechable belief in his own infallibility. What a small, small world he inhabits.

2 Likes
14 Likes

“I could have sent them to a walk-in clinic or their doctor the next day”

I think she is missing the fact that a lot of people who go to the emergency room for minor issues, did so because they did not have insurance.

Now say we have a national health insurance program that assists people who cannot afford reasonable health insurance, that may make things very different.

Oh wait, it did already. I understand the ACA did reduce a lot of that action in the Emergency Room.

6 Likes

I think that’s inaccurate. Kelly seems to have shared some general context and perspective with Trump. It’s actually a pretty reasonable perspective. The problem is that Trump apparently chose to hear all of this in the worst way possible and to have then distorted it in his actual words and actions into insults and poop flinging rather than drawing some wisdom from it.

5 Likes

Otters look cute but can be mean as snot. You do not want to be cornered by an otter. It will rip your face off.

3 Likes

The young widow is in a car on the way to pick up her husband’s body. This is a horrible time to get a phone call from any stranger, even POTUS. The date and time of this were known to the military. Good staff work would have prevented Trump from calling at such a fraught time.

The widowis in a car with her husband’s mother and a Congresswoman who had known her husband since childhood. The call is conducted on speaker phone. Kelly describes this as the Congresswoman listening in. What was the Congresswoman supposed to do? Demand that the widow stop using the speakerphone? Kelly’s complaint alone destroys any vestige of belief that he was acting in good faith.

12 Likes

“Women are sacred.”
That is blowy blowhard, and beyond meaningless. It really sticks in my craw-- it’s been used for centuries as a way to punish women (and other men), not to protect them. That he would say that (and why? what woman’s sacredness is he defending here? Surely not Mrs. Johnson’s) is a sign of how empty his deep wrathful dignity really is.

I think he’s sort of sold what soul he has. Or maybe this is the way he makes peace with himself-- got to go all in and believe that Trump is God for this to work at all.

6 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

This is what info I found:

The article doesn’t mention that she wasn’t actually Sean Smith’s mother-- but its brought up in the comments section. The fight started between her and the State Department because they didn’t recognize her as next of kin. The man was married with two children. The step mother wanted his ashes so she could have them shot into space and the man’s widow refused her. Apparently Sean Smith was a liberal and didn’t anything to do with his crazy stepmother. She was totally misrepresented as a grieving gold star mother by the trump campaign.

1 Like

Hold up Kelly! You need to take your dumb ass student, Trump back to the drawing board! Because it is he that has failed at following your instructions!

You stated that Tump tried his “best” to convey a message /speech that YOU taught him to give!

HE FAILED! Please admit it that Trump’s lazy efforts are NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO SERVE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE! PERIOD! FULL STOP!!!

6 Likes

Not only punish women, but to CONTROL us and make decisions for us.

11 Likes

Yes control is and always has been the main issue.

10 Likes

I mentioned this above, but this once again proves Josh’s theory about Dignity Wraithing. Yet another one crossing the Trump Dignity Wraith Event Horizon. Everything Twitler touches turns to shit, and sometimes it helps if there was some shit there to begin with – of which there is significant evidence in this case.

12 Likes

Absolutely. And because of that he became the object of unmitigated hatred for so many retired military, my brother and father included.

5 Likes

So Kelly is attacking someone for listening to a phone call that he apparently listened to himself. What the hell?

19 Likes

Trump would have said it in a gloating way, like “snicker MY kids wouldn’t be caught dead doing that. Did I said ‘dead’? HAHAHA”

3 Likes

I know that she is missing a soul and an empathy for those who have less than she has.

She’s a harpy and a cretin, too.

6 Likes

Chalk up another dignity wraith for Josh.

6 Likes

Maybe someone has already asked, but wouldn’t the president call the widow rather than the father of the service member?

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available