Discussion: Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward: 'I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me'

Let him. We might lose this battle but it will enable winning the war when polling shows percentage of women voting R going forward drops through the floor boards.

3 Likes

Sorry not good enough.

My hope is other women will come forward. I strongly doubt this was the only time Kavanaugh’s assaulted women.

3 Likes

Not only that but Kavanaugh’s buddy, Mark Judge, has just deleted a long history of posts over many years showing a rather questionable portrayal of women (especially for a middle-aged man). I don’t believe in guilt by association, but this isn’t a positive development. (RawStory has the article - I’ve tried to attach a link and can’t make it work.)

6 Likes

You know, compared to the billions of people Hitler, Stalin, and Mao did NOT kill, they actually killed rather few people. I don’t know why everyone insists on talking about the people they killed and not about the countless people they encountered and did not murder. I am pretty sure, every one of the Stellar Three can get 65 people to vouch for their character.

3 Likes

Well, what was Feinstein doing? The apologetic, hesitant attitude of old-time Democrats is getting awfully … old.
Its time to “Kick like a mule and Bite like a crocodile!” (H/T Johnny Cash)

You’re both acting like assholes and antithetical to the Democratic cause.

Do you REALLY think we can win without those who supported Bernie? Please, continue to act like spoiled children because someone in YOUR PARTY disagreed with you, that should win us elections!

another question: what age were you whining Wilma’s when YOU began paying close attention to elections, eh? If your as old as I think, it probably wasn’t all that early. CERTAINLY not in your teens or early 20’s

I work with these ‘kids’ every day. I wouldn’t trade a one of them for a BASKET of ‘democrats’ like you. It’s not exactly like your record to date is very good, either.

Now,
Lead, follow or get the FUCK out of he way!

Yeah. They’re women and they already have an impression of what kind of person Kavanaugh is. This accusation only confirms what they already felt about the guy. Creepy is as creepy dose.

This appears to be a rhetorical question, but I rather think she was trying to obey the wishes of Ms Ford, who, until today, expressed a desire to remain anonymous. But coming from a languid, apologetic, hesitant, old-time Democrat such as myself, I’m not certain that my answer will suit.

10 Likes

Oh, I think that Feinstein postponement was brilliant. This is how smart politics is played.

3 weeks ago this would have been a weak accusation. Just something someone said. It wouldn’t have the impact it has now. Today it’s backed by the results of a lie detector test, by potential testimony of others who were told of the event, by the request for privacy (reluctance to come forward means a lot too) and even a potential lie by the witness could be used well. It’s also backed by serious legal representation. Also, we have already met Kavanaugh and this behavior fits the persona he projected. This accusation is now very believable. And thus serious.

They got it all ready (ALL ready) and then they went public.

There was a postponement of the Kavanaugh vote already (till the 20th). It was called technical. But I wondered at the time if it wasn’t because the GOP didn’t have the votes. Even if they did…

• A) This is a perfect cover for the Dem. Senators running for re-election to vote NO. All the senator has to say - oh, it’s just too sleazy… and majority will agree. Kavanaugh vote became a non-issue for Dems.
  • B) This is also a cover for the “moderate” GOP senators to vote NO, for the same reason. And if they don’t vote NO, they will have to explain it. Today or 2 years from now. And
  • C) in the face of the GOP falling apart… Trump’s impending impeachment… Time to save your own skin, people. If you can.

They may be persuaded to crawl over the glass. But it doesn’t matter what they do. The odds of the Dems taking Senate just improved. Dramatically. No matter how the vote plays out Dems have an upper-hand. They push thru the nomination - it can be used in the election (and kavanaugh will be impeached, Dems already established it in the senate hearings). They don’t push him thru… also can be used. And all of it is in the awesome preparation of the scandal. Thank you, Sen. Feinstein.

This must be really demoralizing for the GOP senators. But keep crawling thru that glass. I am enjoying the view.

6 Likes

I can answer. I voted every election and primary since I turned 21 which was 47yr ago. I ‘always’ recognized it was important. I am not dumping on millennials for ‘not’ voting; I am saying they don’t have a RIGHT to complain if they don’t vote. Don’t tell ME HRC was uninspiring, I voted for Kerry, who always sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. WHY? BECAUSE I knew he KNEW what he was talking about.

My son was bitching about No Difference between Bush and Gore and I said, Oh YEAH? Do you think GORE would’ve invaded f-ing IRAQ on the PNAC schedule BEFORE we got Bin Laden and stabilized Afghanistan? He had no response. THAT was a pretty damn BIG f-ing deal.

If the GOP was in full-charge and did THAT, WHY DID millennials think they would not do something similar again?

I was not blaming millennials for all this, but your comment bugged the 65+ gramma in me. Why do ‘you’ keep blaming people like ME?

9 Likes

The White House called Ford’s then-anonymous letter an “11th hour delay” attempt by Democrats.

“Once again, this woman is trying to stop Brett Kavanaugh from getting what he desires.”

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I hope you are able to speak out to your friends about this as well.

3 Likes

OOOHHH! Not ‘that’ is a hot damn BURN.

1 Like

“Hey! Don’t make a mountain out of an Anita Ant Hill!”

Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please! Do it with Kavanaugh!

1 Like
2 Likes

“Hey, it wasn’t me!”

1 Like

“Ich bin ein Stick-it-in-her!”

3 Likes

Please, no.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available