Discussion: John Lewis To Skip Museum Opening Due To Trump's Attendance Being An 'Insult'

2 Likes

He sure is getting more cowardly and needy as he ages.

Never, ever would I use “cowardly” and John Lewis’ name in the same sentence.

7 Likes

We are better than that,” Bryant said Wednesday of those who oppose Trump. “We are kinder and more tolerant here in Mississippi than I think perhaps other places. Allow the president to come and honor Mississippi with his speech and his presence.”

Yea I’m sure that will happen

1 Like

The truth hurts some more than others.

Well I guess like assholes everybody has an opinion

1 Like

At least Congressman Lewis is showing some true moral character; he can visit the museum some other time, when the Orange Shitstain is not there. Good for him.

5 Likes

There should be a Trump exhibit at the Civil Rights museum.
It could have framed copies of the housing discrimination lawsuit.
The list of names with C next to them who were denied an application to rent an apartment would be quite illustrative.

5 Likes

Again

Cummings/Lewis 2020

Sorry Gillibrand and Harris, but your naked ambition done screwed it up with me.

1 Like

Yeah, but that’s only because you’re not an idiotic asshole.

1 Like

So does slander. Tone down your rhetoric, please.

It seems odd to end the period being covered at 1976, just when the backlash got feet with Ronnie.

So… Let me get this straight, because I’m sure I must be misunderstanding you.

John Lewis, an actual American Hero, a man who walked fearlessly across the bridge into the waiting ranks of Alabama State Troopers, (troopers who then broke his skull with night sticks), seems to you cowardly, and needy?

And what, pray tell, do you have to say about the current President? I’m talking about the guy with the bone-spurs.

3 Likes

I think a boycott is in order. Everyone should simply notify the organizers that as a result of Trump’s appearance and the partisan turn the event has taken that they will not attend.

The statement is made by Trump appearing before an empty room and denied the opportunity to legitimize his racism.

Making a big production of the boycott only plays into the hands of Trump and his racist backers. Nothing will bother Trump more than no one showing up to see him and his being denied the drama of a big scene.

2 Likes

and here is yours. Just remember - a bidet will save paper.

Exactly. Cowards are born every day. This now old man has become so cowardly and needy that he can’t get up the courage to face the other old man he accuses (behind his back) of wrongdoing and cries to the press about hurt feelings.

https://twitter.com/Popehat has a few words for you regarding “slander”.

Along with a projection of the full-page ad he took out in the NYTimes ranting “BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY. BRING BACK OUR POLICE!” in regards to the Central Park Five. Maybe the museum could sell Trump-themed sweatshirts in the gift shop that bear the slogan, “There goes my African American.”

1 Like

You’re talking about Trump being the coward, right?

Which one is showing up for the event and which one isn’t?

John Lewis has been public-image-living off his brave actions of 55 years ago. He is an old coward now.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available