Discussion: ‘#IStandWithBrett’: WH Will Assemble Various Women As Kavanaugh Character Witnesses

Good point

#brettsheathers

1 Like

Didn’t they do this with Roy Moore…

2 Likes

He didn’t just try, thats what he did. He only failed because he was overturned.

5 Likes

Meanwhile:

As of Monday morning, more than 200 women who attended Holton-Arms, a private girls school in Bethesda, Md., had signed the draft letter which reads, “We believe Dr. Blasey Ford and are grateful that she came forward to tell her story.” The letter notes that Ford’s story is “all too consistent with stories we heard and lived while attending Holton. Many of us are survivors ourselves,” and demands, “a thorough and independent investigation before the Senate can reasonably vote on Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to a lifetime seat on the nation’s highest court.”

(via Slate and Time)

6 Likes

The White House has reportedly been rounding up the 65 women…

"Rounding up? Not a flattering turn of phrase. Round up the usual women? Let loose the women!

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide

7 Likes

They just used Mitt’s binders
Binders full of women!

10 Likes

I’ll see your 65 and raise you 200.
This is a poker game they don’t want to get into.
There are wives , daughters and friends who have who have suffered from sexual assault and they won’t take kindly to anyone trying to diminish the crime

3 Likes

That is some masterful trolling right there. Thumbs up!

3 Likes

I guess “@IWasForcedToLieDownUnderBrett” was already taken?

3 Likes

#IStandWithBrett = #BrettCanGrabMeToo

4 Likes

#ICanBARELYStand With BrettWe’reSoDrunk

7 Likes

What next? {Hashtag}HitlerNeverGassedMe?

1 Like

Unless Trump goes on a rant, Kavanaugh will be confirmed. Kavanaugh’s defense is Ford did experience that horrible tragedy, but he didn’t do it. She has mistaken him for someone else. GOP will buy it.

As revolting as it is, I can’t help but find this defense kind of hilarious. Rapists don’t rape everyone in their orbit. Dahmer didn’t eat every man he knew. Bundy didn’t kill every woman in his life. Gacy managed to not kill every little boy he came across. Wournos was able to refrain from shooting every man she ever met. And on and on. Deranged people are very often capable of having normal, every day interactions with the very demographic they’d normally target. Most are even perfectly able to keep their violent proclivities at bay 99% of their lives. That 99% isn’t the problem, it’s the 1% where they lose control.

9 Likes

Merrick: Tanned, rested and ready.

As far as the women kissing up to Judge Blutarsky, how do they benefit? I am guessing this is a good career move for most if not all.

Read an interesting posts elsewhere that asked if the Big K said he could not imagine who was accusing him it may be that there was a fairly large pool to choose from.

There is also the fact that his mother was a PROSECUTOR. What would more embolden a predator than that? And what would ensure silence in victims more than a law enforcement connected family?

1 Like

It’s absurd.

In the Anita Hill hearings, the standards that straight white men in Congress set for what constitutes “too far” was, more or less, touching. Thomas didn’t touch Hill, so he can say whatever he wants and she just has to put up with it. That was 1991.

The straight white men of 2018 don’t even know what the standard they want to set is anymore. This case claims touching. Groping. Assault. I think their standard will become “everything not caught on video” is fine. But they must know that’s not the public standard anymore. They better tread really fucking lightly.

We know they won’t, though. Hope it backfires spectacularly.

8 Likes

*#*appearancesmatter

2 Likes

They better not use elephants for this one …

Those days are over —

I’ve always liked the other animals though …
especially when the little doggies jump through the rings ! —

2 Likes

Borowitz!
Always cuts to the quick

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available