Discussion: ‘#IStandWithBrett’: WH Will Assemble Various Women As Kavanaugh Character Witnesses

1 Like

While this strategy is entirely predictable, it is entirely irrelevant to the issue of whether or not he did what was alleged.

28 Likes

What about the sixth grade girls he coaches in soccer?

10 Likes

(Hashtag)notassaultedbybrett is a little too accurate, I guess.

23 Likes

Desperate people do desperate things.

6 Likes

Trump is assembling Stepford Wives?

The time to register people to vote is running out. To see your state’s voter registration deadlines look here:

Download and print copies of this Federal Voter Registration form, valid in all 50 states and US Territories:

https://vote.gov/files/federal-voter-registration_1-25-16_english.pdf

This site, https://www.aauw.org/resource/organize-a-voter-registration-drive/, has a how-to on organizing a voter registration drive or just sitting outside Wal Mart with a folding chair and a card table.

Register people to vote. Get to the polls. Remember, the House writes the checks for our government and a Congress with a conscience and a spine could literally ‘House-break’ Trump!

VOTE!

5 Likes

The problem is less the “He didn’t rape everyone” defense than the idea that someone would propose saying so and everyone else wouldn’t go, “Are you crazy? People will laugh at us for a week and speak about us contemptuously for the rest of our lives. We’ll have ruined reputations. It’s much too ridiculous. Let us speak no more of it.” Nope, it’s a viable tactic, because there are enough people who are that dumb and partisan. Shaking my head.

24 Likes

After reading this piece in Think Progress I wonder if Kavanaugh can recognize sexual harassment when he was clerking for now retired Judge Alex Kozinski.

And unless any of those 65 women were at the same party then they can’t attest to anything about Kavanaugh’s conduct that night.

15 Likes

Good. A list of ladies whom he’s never attempted to rape.
As an old Beatles fan I have a list of people that Mark David Chapman didn’t shoot. Doesn’t change much.

18 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks it’s awesome this guy knows so many women so well they can all attest to his “moral rectitude” in front of a microphone? “Brett, I mean Bart, I mean Brett, is the most morally rectituded man I know.” Let’s get Mark Judge up there to do the same while we’re at it. Oh, and maybe have him do a reading from one of his memoirs.

8 Likes

PS–Democrats, please get Mark Judge up there. Please?

8 Likes

Merrick Garland Says He’s Still Available

BETHESDA, MARYLAND (The Borowitz Report)—Saying that he would like to help the Senate Judiciary Committee “in any way I can,” Judge Merrick Garland announced on Monday that he is “still available” to be confirmed as a United States Supreme Court Justice.

“I haven’t heard from anyone on the Judiciary Committee,” Garland said. “But I just want to let them know that I’ve let bygones be bygones if they’d like to confirm me now.”

The judge said that he was “not surprised” that no one from the White House has called about his availability for the Supreme Court job. “I’ve been reading that Woodward book,” he said. “It sounds like things can get pretty hectic over there.”

Garland noted that, when he was first nominated to the Supreme Court, no Republican senator agreed to meet with him, but added, “Maybe they can find some time in their schedules now.”

“After what they’ve been going through for the past couple of days, the Republicans might want to give old Merrick another look,” he said. “I’m clean as a whistle.”

19 Likes

Is it any surprise that people who don’t think women should have the right to control their own bodies are willing to sweep allegations of rape under the rug?

@j.dave : To thwart the TPM #shout type the code

#

you can also just add a single space before the tag.

9 Likes

I truly thank God that Brett Kavanaugh has managed to not rape every woman that knows him.

13 Likes

Obviously these are women who’ve been following him his entire life and can provide airtight alibis for every second of it. They’re all going to be jailed for stalking as soon as they’ve given testimony

10 Likes

This just in: Al Capone produces 150 witnesses to his character, all of whom swear that he did not try to murder them.

8 Likes

“I stand with Brett! He never raped ME, at least!”

7 Likes

He tried to rule that an immigrant girl who had been raped could not have a legal abortion.

9 Likes

Donnie, ask Mittens for help on this. He’s got binders full of women.

9 Likes

“This is likely because if Kavanaugh is ultimately forced to drop out and Republicans fail to shove another nominee through, the seat could remain open after the midterms during which the Republicans’ Senate majority may be imperiled.”

That would be just awful…be still, my beating heart.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available