Discussion: House GOPers Spin Furiously After Dems Appear To Flip Deep Red PA District

As the voters wave goodbye…

1 Like

Last thing the GOP needs to do is start worrying. Once the the tax cuts benefits kick in everything is going to be swell. If things get tough, scream “Nancy Pelosi” and “Gun Control”, Trump and Pence will show up and straighten everything up. Nothing to worry really, don’t pay attention to the doomsayers or the loser dems that just won a fluke against a very weak candidate.

1 Like

Well, that settles it then. Fully vetted!

1 Like

I feel their performance lacks heart, and is a trifle wooden. They’ve also miscast the lead.

1 Like

Agree, but for a slightly different reason. Ryan is a phony and a shyster, always pumping up his undeserved reputation as a wonk, when every single one of his policy papers upon examination turned out to be an empty farce. His easily debunked lies and forced photo ops as Romney’s running mate did him no favors.

His reluctant ascendance to Speaker meant he was Peter-principled way beyond his ability and into the limelight. It was inevitable that his weakness and cowardice would be exposed in the most unforgiving way. A strong opponent like Iron Stache will cream a puny worm like Ryan, and he knows it.

3 Likes

I also quietly mention that Al Franken was one of the best senators ever.

7 Likes

And it works because it is true. The Republicans were talking about how the social safety would need to be slashed to pay for this before it even passed.

(Usually they wait about a year after passage.)

3 Likes

ain’t that the truth

oh, and then future candidates could taunt male journalists about bleeding out of their wherevers during campaigns

He will be interviewed by the media as a wise talking head for years to come. Since when did being egregiously wrong about anything debar you from punditry?

you just don’t get how hip and cool he looked - he’s so street - why must you hate on his love affair with himself?

1 Like

not to mention their support of men who murder providers in their own homes or in church or in clinics

2 Likes

nothing can outweigh the fact that she is an ugly old woman, Now if she were a hottie…mysogyny is fun, but ageism is a sure fire bet for lots of voters still

When a reporter tried to point out that Lamb ran against Ryan’s tax plan. Ryan ignored her and asked the gathered press corps, “Is there anything else anyone wants to talk about?”

HAHAHaHAHAHA

2 Likes

I always thought she was a pretty old lady. I always wondered if she might do better if she looked her age.

2 Likes

WH spox Shah also says Democrat Conor Lamb “really embraced the president’s policies and his vision.”
Huh? Or rather, WTF?

Mathematically, Lamb has won. US News:
Lamb holds a 627-vote lead

• Allegheny County says it has 128 provisional ballots to examine, and 99 military and overseas ballots to tabulate. Counting is to begin Friday and could take several days.
  • Washington County, elections officials say they’ll sort out about 90 provisional ballots in another day or so, and have 15 military ballots outstanding.
  • Westmoreland County reports about 20 provisional ballots and no more than 23 additional military or overseas ballots to arrive by next Tuesday’s deadline.

(note: Allegheny County leans Dem, and has the highest prov and absentee ballots to count. The red counties uncounted are a drop in the bucket)

Actually, I think she looks all right. I try to stay away from comments on outward appearance even (and boy is it hard) on the R men, because I get judged all the time.

I wonder how many votes were influenced by Putin ordering Trump to fire Rex Tillerson on the eve of the election because if it was more than 200, it was the difference.

That is what is being missed in all these analysis of this election is the crucial and I believe determining role of Vladimir Putin and his insistence on firing Rex Tillerson immediately after Tillerson admitted the Putin was responsible for poisoning people in England. Had Putin just waited a few days before having Trump fire Tillerson, it is more likely than not that the Republicans would have held this seat.

It looks as if the Fat Lady has sung.

1 Like

Public Policy Polling found that healthcare was a top issue for voters in PA-18. Health care voters broke hard toward Lamb: 64 percent of those who said it was their No. 1 issue backed Lamb.

Healthcare should be a winning issue for Dems in the mid-term elections, it has far broader appeal than tax cuts, no matter how the Rs spin it.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available