Discussion: House GOPers Spin Furiously After Dems Appear To Flip Deep Red PA District

Agreed. Ryan won’t run again. He’ll use the next 6 years to suck Koch, line his pockets, and make a play for the WH in 2024. It’s the 'pub way for fuck everything up, let the Dems fix it and the swoop in with the same tax cuts and deregulation and warmongering that fucked everything up in the first place. In order to keep playing that game, they need to “let” a Dem win the WH every few years.

But, because Ryan is a selfish prick, he’ll wait until the deadline to file is closer so that he also fucks over his own state’s GOP.and they have to scramble at the last minute to find a candidate to run when he quits. Actually, that may be the only thing I like about him!

12 Likes

Ryan:

Http://www.barfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/remain.calm_.animal.house_.jpg

1 Like

The Republican tone-deafness on the utter lack of support for and meaninglessness of their tax “reform” for any but the very rich is awe-inspiring. Did they really think they were going to run on giving more money to the rich? Of course they did.

8 Likes

“Ryan’s scrambled realities are too, too tiring, and delusional.”

ayn rand thinking will do that you.

3 Likes

I’m not joking to suggest that we call GOP offices across the land and reinforce the idea that Lamb’s victory was nothing for the GOP to worry about. Tell these idiots that the GOP is going to wipe the Dems off the map. Tell them that Trump is a huge help in winning seats, so please invite him to as many rallies as possible. Don’t try to criticize or correct the idiots in the republican party; they’ll hang themselves with their own rope if we help them a bit. Rope, on sale today!

11 Likes

Ryan: “clearly people thought ‘D’ stood for ‘don’t vote for democrats’ and meant to vote republican.”

3 Likes

Mr. Lamb has demonized her as well. I understand he’s playing the moderate in what is normally a R district, but she’s convenient and the demonization has traveled to our side.

3 Likes

V e r y s l o w h e r e

8 Likes

Ryan told reporters that Democrat Conor Lamb “ran as a pro-gun, pro-life, anti-Nancy Pelosi conservative.”

I heard an interview on NPR today with Tom Perez. The host - I think it may have been Steve Inskeep, but I never caught the name - was relentless about Lamb saying he wouldn’t support Pelosi. It was about 3 minutes of the host continually implying that Lamb won because he denounced Pelosi, and asking Perez that’s what it takes for a Dem to win. It was, as I said above, relentless. And it’s so obviously a GOP talking point. It was really annoying. Granted, Perez didn’t engage with the question much, but it was asked, again, and again, and again.

10 Likes

The craziest spin that I’ve heard so far about the race is that Lamb “ran as a Republican” LOL :laughing:

12 Likes

Thanks - It rather helps to know it’s general and not just my browser.

5 Likes

Haha, so telling that Steve Scalise is shitting his pants over what the Dems will do on TAXES.

In a true nightmare scenario for the Repubs, the Dems will take the House by a mile and the Senate by a hair, putting a stop on the GOP’s court-packing, depriving them of the possibility of a SCOTUS appointment, and investigating the living shit out of everything. And then in another two years, they’ll take the Senate by a mile and the presidency, and there will be liberal ponies for all. I know this probably won’t happen – hell, I’d bet on dictatorship at this point – but if it does, we don’t stop at milquetoast Wall Street curbs and Medicare For All and a DREAM Act. Trash the electoral college, go to a proportional representation system – hell, go to a parliamentary system! Open the floodgates to massive immigration from countries other than the Nordics and the Slavic Supermodel nations, grant fast-track citizenship to a shit ton of immigrants. Unionize everything. Basic income. Shrink the Pentagon and put the savings into public education. Tear down the highways and the exurbs and build mass transit, public schools and public housing. Basically, DO EVERYTHING THAT WILL TRIGGER STEVE SCALISE. DO IT ALL.

13 Likes

Yes, and that was too bad. I think he framed it that it was time for her to go … didn’t paint her green with horns.

4 Likes

“This is something you’re not going to see repeated,”

So said Paul Ryan a week before announcing that he will not run re-election…

7 Likes

I don’t recall any time that the party in control of the Congress had to run on a campaign of bashing the Minority Leader of the House. We could have used Boner as an example of how low they had gone (handing out checks from lobbyist to his members on the House floor) but didn’t.

10 Likes

Really Eddie? That is all we’ve seen so far this past year with very few exceptions. I’d like to know how you think you’re going to stop us now.’

3 Likes

Yes

4 Likes

She was prepared to resign when Clinton won, but couldn’t She wants to go home and enjoy grandkids, talented daughters and eat chocolate as much as anybody.

8 Likes

OT

12 Likes

Especially McCarthy, after his wholehearted endorsement of the Dear Leader’s “punish CA” strategy.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available