Discussion: House GOPers Spin Furiously After Dems Appear To Flip Deep Red PA District

The expression on Ayn Ryan’s face says it all.

4 Likes

https://m.popkey.co/518853/wqNLb.gif

19 Likes

I have been convinced for some time that Ryan was not going to run again. He has been less engaged and he never had the stomach for being Speaker.

He may have also realized that he is morally bankrupt and dumber than a rock. But, I doubt he has that level of self awareness.

28 Likes

There’s a vas deferens of opinion on the matter.

47 Likes

Hopefully the rest of time!

I am eagerly awaiting the tweets.

SACCONE DID NOT WIN BECAUSE HE ISN’T TRUMP!

5 Likes

Me too!

3 Likes

Scalise has more to fear than this from Pelosi as Speaker. But who would they blame if not this woman for their party’s mess.

“They said if they get the majority, their bill will raise taxes, and they go and double down by jacking up the death tax even more and they reinstate the Alternative Minimum Tax, which would cripple middle class families,” he said. “So it’s a great contrast to show what will happen if Nancy Pelosi is elected Speaker.”

10 Likes

It requires depth of thought.

eta
Hadn’t seen it posted here yet, but if anyone’s interested here are Conor Lamb’s priorities. Sure seems like a laundry list of conservative republican principles to me./s

4 Likes

Saccone was LOW ENERGY. SAD!

9 Likes

We’ll need some seminal research, as they say ‘two heads are better than one’, if we’re going to crack this nut. Maybe the SCROTUS can clarify some of this someday.

7 Likes

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) attributed the likely Republican loss to the fact that “we aren’t even on full momentum on tax reform.” She cautioned the press to “be careful about making sweeping predictions.”

LOL. Something tells me that if Scaccione had won, she’d be out in front making predictions on how this race was a referendum on trump and what a success he’s been the past year.

Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA), however, revealed some of the deeper anxiety Republicans are feeling about their political prospects going forward during his turn at the podium. He described in detail his nightmare scenario of what could happen if Democrats retake the House this November.

They said if they get the majority, their bill will raise taxes, and they go and double down by jacking up the death tax even more and they reinstate the Alternative Minimum Tax, which would cripple middle class families,” he said. “So it’s a great contrast to show what will happen if Nancy Pelosi is elected Speaker.”

Ummm, who exactly said that? Oh and nice to drag out the Nancy-is-a-boogeyman talking point. (though I’m sure if he’d lost some folks “on our side” would have blamed her)

They need new material.

Lamb won because he seemed authentic, knew the important issues in his area and was able to verbalize it effectively. Bravo to him. It’s also nice he won because I was able to come to the site and not see the usual people spouting off about the DNC, the DCCC, asking where was Obama, etc.

13 Likes

Pretty damn nice work for a party that has nothing but “hate.”

12 Likes

This is the Biden - Kaine position on abortion- very much in the Democratic mainstream. Paulie is lying as always.

13 Likes

@brewhousebob And he isn’t alone: Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) attributed the likely Republican loss to the fact that “we aren’t even on full momentum on tax reform.” She cautioned the press to “be careful about making sweeping predictions.”

And, what the hell, here’s the visual -

11 Likes

Conservatives are well known for being unable to think beyond black and white. It’s either rain or shine, it can never, ever be partially cloudy.

4 Likes

So true. They always need a woman to demonize … or Obama, the default demon

6 Likes

Mr. Lamb’s strong showing demonstrated that the Trump-inspired energy propelling Democrats across the country is not confined to liberal-leaning regions. Republicans were left with the prospect of defending a far broader range of districts this fall than they had hoped.

10 Likes

Actually the worst nightmare for R’s would be Trump and Pence getting impeached, then we’d have President Pelosi :laughing:

10 Likes

Is TPM slow for anyone else today? It’s painful for me getting anything to load.

22 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available