Discussion: High Steaks: Cruz Says That A Vote For O’Rourke Is A Vote To Ban Barbecue

Coincidence?

Cuba:

Texas:

4 Likes

Well in Texas barbecue means one thing - beef brisket.

4 Likes

He is pretty irresistible. hahahahahahahaha I hope a bunch of Texans feel that way, too.

1 Like
5 Likes

Given the level of bullshit in politics and campaigns in particular, one would think that Cruz would have a better accuzation than banning barbecues. Now, I understand that barbecue is an institution in Texas and all but Cruz isn’t Texan, he’ s Canadian.
s/n

1 Like

Thank the Maker!

1 Like

They don’t call him “Lyin Ted” for nothing.

Beto was on Colbert last week touting the vast array of delicious 'cue all across the Lone Star State (not just in Muleshoe).

Cruz should not try to tell Texans about Texas.

6 Likes

I am guessing Cruz’s internal polling is a lot worse than what the public polling is showing. He is looking increasingly desperate. This particular argument is like the exclamation point on desperate!

6 Likes

No he shouldn’t. Well said.

2 Likes

Not to mention that Cruz oughta know better than to impugn the element!

2 Likes

If I were Beto I’d relish (intended) this one. Imagine being the guy whose opponent “is so desperate for a negative thing to say about me that he came up with Beto would ban barbecue” :joy:

1 Like

Naw, real men eat Tofucken:

Edit: Replaced with uncensored version

3 Likes

…and Copland’s Rodeo Suite.

1 Like

Polls can be wrong. Just ask President Hillary Clinton.

Cruz at 54% is GOP wishful thinking. Ain’t gonna happen.

1 Like

When passing thru Texas decades ago on my way back to Tucson, i stopped at a motel next to a roadside barbecue joint. After getting my room I sauntered over to check the place out and was greeted with the wonderful smell of mesquite smoke and cooking beef. To get to the tables you had to basically walk by the slow cook smoker. The cooking meat was on the other side of glass panels and the drool factor was immediate. Oh.My.God was that dinner memorable.

6 Likes

Yeah we know how to make brisket in Texas and it’s fucking delicious - food of the gods.

4 Likes

Good point about Heidi Cruz being a vegetarian. If Goldman Sachs Cruz had any morals, she would tell Raphael to shut the @*!# up about tofu.

But then she married Ted, so she has no thinking brain.

1 Like

There’s a reason our long-ago ancestors drew images of sacred bison on their cave walls.

@tena

4 Likes

One time while in the Netherlands, Mrs darr andI stopped to have lunch at a restaurant appropriately called “Eaten n Drinken”… which we did.

1 Like

There was a Chinese takeout place in Sandspit, BC (the only one on the entire island/archipelago) that was called

“Dick’s Wok Inn”

I got a photo of it somewhere…

Edit: For shits and giggles, I just googled it

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dick's+Wok+INn&oq=Dick's+Wok+INn&aqs=chrome..69i57.7911j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Still there after 25 years…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available