Discussion: Grassley: There Will Only Be Two Witnesses On Monday If Ford Agrees To Appear

listen patiently to both witnesses and kind of act like a jury and then wait until you hear all the evidence

“Hear all the evidence?” How about we collect all the evidence first?

The Ds need to get on this and send (and publish) letters requesting additional witnesses and investigation. Make it clear that the Rs are trying to ram this through without proper scrutiny and that there is other evidence out there.

6 Likes

Of course it is a sham hearing. It was a sham hearing from the first day of the committee meeting to consider Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh was picked to protect Trump from legal responsibility for his actions, and to repeal Roe v Wade. The committee was never going to vote him down no matter what happened. That’s why the Democrats have not been permitted to look at the bulk of Kavanaugh’s writings. Kavanaugh should never be even a lower court judge, let alone a Supreme Court justice - he had to lie to Congress, a felony, to get his current judgeship. And, his entire life has been spent as a privileged brat, hardly a good background for a judge.

10 Likes

Yes sir, the minimalist hearing approach! Just like Benghazi!

3 Likes

Dr. Ford is between a rock and a hard place. This is going to devastate her life going forward. You can be sure that the Republican men on that committee will crucify her if she testifies - they will do whatever it takes to get Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. The correct way to handle this is to persuade Kavanaugh to withdraw from the nomination. That saves everyone’s ass. Anything else is 10 times worse. It isn’t like Kavanaugh is something special.

2 Likes

Ms. Senator Kamala Harris is a good bet to do…just…that.

3 Likes

He’s getting hammered in comments. Hahaha!

4 Likes

I’m not questioning her abilities, but without a previous finding of fact her testimony will be parsed as simply he said/she said, and I believe the actual facts dispel that nonsense and would strengthen her testimony.

2 Likes

I kept seeing this AD from the Judicial Crisis Network in the early weeks of promoting Kavanaugh. I was offended on multiple levels by the AD itself and wondered why they were clearly 'trotting out" a black woman who claims she was a registered Democrat (clerked for him for one year) to sell his credentials. What was it they were pushing back on by using a black woman who worked for him? The AD clearly speaks to these details and she references his ‘minority’ credentials. The AD was too specific (and offensive). I kept thinking there was some woman or other minority who had something on him.

I didn’t think it would be alleged attempted rape, but now I wonder if they knew something more.

If Kavanaugh had any sense or was truly as smart as he wants us to believe, he would remove himself from consideration and go back to the DC court. I suspect the Dems will use the hearing to not only press him on this issue but use their time to continue to question his honesty in the past. And, Grassley will shit bricks when he can’t gavel Senators Harris, Feinstein, Klobuchar or Hirono to stop.

3 Likes

If I recall correctly, there were four other attendees in addition to Ford: Kavanaugh, Judge, and two others, as yet unnamed. I think all five need to testify.

4 Likes

‘They feel strongly about this, and I salute their dedication to principle.’
-Saint Susan the Fair-Minded

5 Likes

Ford’s attorney Debra Katz has been speaking on behalf of Professor Ford when and where she has to.

5 Likes

The R party can sign its death warrant in one of several ways, either by supporting to the hilt this unfit nominee thinking the party will stay intact or by waiting for the wrath of voters to descend on them when they do confirm this unfit nominee. Even the senator everyone loves to bash will feel the wrath.

4 Likes

Grassley: There Will Only Be Two Witnesses On Monday If Ford Agrees To Appear

Folks!

Welcome to the world of the Supremacy and Dictate of the White Male:sob: :cry: :disappointed_relieved: :sob:

1 Like

I’ve never attacked her personally. But her eternal ‘cmon Charlie Brown, kick the football’ routine does rankle.

1 Like

She’s the R woman we’ve settled on to represent all that’s wrong with the party. Lisa M. says thank gawd for Susan, less attention on me.

2 Likes

Of course only 2, must after all be a he said/she said. We all know that the “man” is always right, after all women are hysterical, on the “rag”, or other nasty that tries to make them second or even third class.

1 Like

This is what they did to Anita Hill. And the Dems were more than complicit: Biden refused to call available witnesses who would have corroborated Hill’s account because she had told them about it years before. Fairness has nothing to do with this process.

3 Likes

Despite the headline, nowhere in the article does it say that only two people will be permitted to testify. Here’s what it does say:

“At this point we have two people testifying, that’s all I can say,” Grassley said when asked if Mark Judge, a classmate of Kavanaugh’s who was named in Ford’s allegations, would be testifying as well.

1 Like

Joe also loved the sound of his voice more than any other voice. He just talked and talked and talked in the faux sincere “Message: I care” tone he’s perfected. Surprised he voted against Thomas. When his name comes up a a possibility for 2020 I can hardly believe what short memories we have.

2 Likes

… but had not yet heard back from the professor…

They will.

Just as soon as Kavanaugh removes his hand from her mouth and turns the music down.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available