Discussion: Grassley: There Will Only Be Two Witnesses On Monday If Ford Agrees To Appear

1 Like

Mark Judge should testify, as well as some of the people Ford told long before Kavanaugh was nominated. This is a sham hearing if we are only allowed to hear Ford and Kavanaugh.

31 Likes

I expect nothing else from Grassley and the Trump-enabling GOP.

21 Likes

Where’s Ford’s attorney while all this is breaking. If Ford’s not going to appear, why didn’t they push back, yesterday, and set out their terms. It’s really easy for the drama to turn into “drama queen” and for the sympathy for her to turn against her.

2 Likes

“Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley on Tuesday said that there will be two people testifying during a public hearing on Monday: Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford.”

Bullshit. This latest Grassley posturing will hold up for 90 minutes, at best.

BTW, I remember a quote from Grassley at the tail end of the Anita Hill hearings, referring to several friends and colleagues who testified in support of Hill. He said: " These are not corroborating witnesses, but collaborating witnesses".

Anyone who gives Grassley the benefit of the doubt here has fatally flawed judgement.

30 Likes

Gee, what’s there to hide, Chuck? The moron administration already said no FBI investigation. God, I loathe these people.

8 Likes

So much for the 65 women endorsing Kavanaugh and 200 women endorsing Ford.

4 Likes

If we don’t hear from Ford this might as well be a Republican campaign ad for November.

1 Like

With Kavanaugh now claiming that he wasn’t even at the party, they should also have the other two attendees there.

Edited to add that, if I recall correctly, the claim was that there were four other attendees at the party, including Kavanaugh and Judge. So we need Judge and those two other attendees to testify, assuming we can identify them.

10 Likes

Grassley and Hatch both. Seeing both these slimes having parts in both the Anita Hill hearing and now with this Ford hearing is very disheartening.

11 Likes

Best way to ensure it’s a “he said, she said” hearing? Make sure only he and she get to speak.

17 Likes

Wouldn’t it be great if Blasey Ford could point out a Kavanaugh distinguishing mark or mole at next Monday’s hearing? That would make my day.

9 Likes

Taps fingers and strokes chin while waiting for Grassley’s walk back on this in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

4 Likes

No, that is simply not enough.

I don’t see that holding up. It’s an opening gambit.

It’s going to be a long week.

1 Like

You’ll hear from her or her lawyer. Grassley only said that to add drama to the situation - to make it sound like she’s getting cold feet - or backing out.

6 Likes

There will be more than 2 witnesses, and then Grassley will abruptly cancel the hearing. Every GOPer knows they won’t be able to withstand a live hearing. This is all about letting the activist base down easy.

13 Likes

There must have been more than two at this party. These things happened in a separate room…

2 Likes

Obviously Grassley knows that if Judge testifies the nomination dies… This is damning

4 Likes

Negotiating the terms of Ford’s appearance? Cmon, get a grip.

6 Likes

I’ve never heard of a rape or assault trial where the defendant is put on the stand prior to a thorough investigation of fact by the legal authorities.

Doctor Ford would be at a major disadvantage should the GOP swine on the panel decide to attack her character or put on some nasty show with their one swing at her, which of course they will do.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available