Discussion: Grassley Requests Info From Political Firm Behind Trump-Russia Dossier

oops …

4 Likes

I honestly wonder if any of them, with the possible exception of McConnell, grasp how serious this is. It’s almost certainly going to end up the worst political scandal in history, and anyone who wasn’t smart enough to get out from under will pay a heavy price. And this is how they respond? Stupid little obfuscations and deflections? It’s like they’re using pettifogging trickery to try to survive an avalanche.

17 Likes

Bill Kristol making sense? I’m shocked.

4 Likes

He’s had time and lots of confidence-boosting by other republicans. I’m sure they’re trying to salvage what they can here. At least, soften the blow.

They’re all complicit.

2 Likes

Yes, but look what’s at stake here. What do they have to lose?

Edit:

4 Likes

Yeah …I wasn’t convinced that we were actually entering a new ’ era ’ —

But now …shit … I saw this earlier today –

10 Likes

BINGO… Another schmuck who is jumping in front of a fast moving train…
Give him time he’ll being backstroking. triple back flips and a little 2-stepping to clean that letter. And dems. need to start calling for independent commission/special prosecutor with FULL SUBPOENA W/ POWER OF RECOMMENDATION FOR CRIMINAL CHARGES…
If not this will continue… drip drip drip

2 Likes

Yes, it does seem that the cover-up is evidence of a cover-up.

Too bad PeePeeCo are collectively too stupid to understand the basics.

2 Likes

36% ? that’s nothing, I am sure, he can go lower that that !

8 Likes

We’re in topsy-turvy land now.

4 Likes

Could be Feinstein was shaken up by the gravity, and Grassley was shaken up by the thoughts of “oh crap! Need time to think? How to stop this from going forward?!”

6 Likes

It’s all they have.

We’ve been watching this for awhile now. If they had a real defense to any of this we would have heard it by now.

They don’t, so they are spinning whatever little pieces stick out there that they can grab.

8 Likes

Chuckles was interviewed on NPR last week about the Gorsuch nomination and when asked about obstruction of Garland, he said, “What about Biden’s obstruction when he said a supreme court justice should wait until after the election?” The interviewer did not ask who was allegedly obstructed by Biden or when the Biden “rule” was officially adopted by the senate, or whether all senate speeches become the basis for senate parliamentary order. This is one reason I am not inclined to become a sustainer again.

7 Likes

I’m counting on it.

Worse than Watergate, indeed.

4 Likes

I just love it when Real Clear Politics has to adjust the legend on their graph to expand the disapproval number upward and the approval number downward.

I’m waiting with baited breath for tomorrow’s new disapproval low.

5 Likes

YES HE CAN! YES HE CAN! YES HE CAN!

:joy:

10 Likes

omg, I find myself applauding… Bill Kristol. ~stealing a peek outside to see if monkeys are flying.~

6 Likes

At some point their political calculations will tell them they need to abandon Trump, both because they aren’t getting what they want and as a matter of survival.

Who could have predicted we’d get to a point where a republican has problems with the idea of someone doing opposition research.

10 Likes

Since we are clearly in the last year of the PeePee presidency, I don’t see how the senate can consider a SCOTUS nominee from this lame duck…

13 Likes

Ouch!

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available