Discussion: GOP Virginia Rep.: Democratic Win In Virginia Was 'Referendum' On Trump

2 Likes

Oh well. I guess the honeymoon year is over.

20 Likes

Well, this may be just the beginning of an increasing number of Repuglicans becoming disenchanted with our alt-president. If nothing else, they may start to see that supporting Trump is not in their own self interest.

4 Likes

The voters refudiated Trump

• Sarah Palin
15 Likes

According to the purity posters, the “establishment DNC” had turned their backs on so many liberals the party had no chance of winning.

12 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, Gen. Kelly up in the cockpit has just informed me that we’ve begin our final descent.

Please return your seats and tray tables to their full-upright and locked positions, and prepare for crash landing.

We know that, as a party, you have a choice in choosing a standard-bearer, so thanks for flying Trump Airlines.

Flight attendants, brace for impact.

(Panicked screams)

27 Likes

“Keep in mind that the closest exit may be behind you.”

Always laugh when I hear that one. “The Closest Exit May Be Behind You” would make a great name for a punk band, though.

9 Likes

The ‘referendum’ started a year ago. Clinton won it, but lost the election.

5 Likes

Taylor, who has consistently said he supports Trump, but “not blindly,” said last night’s Democratic wins were “a referendum” on the President.

ty 538

10 Likes

But will he still stand behind Trump. My guess is he will and he will without reservation, his brave talk notwithstanding.

5 Likes

12 Likes

The Dems are famous for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. They damn sure better know how to capitalize on the GOP train wreck spread out before them. What I fear is the GOP suddenly being all warm and fuzzy to the Dems, swearing that THIS time, we won’t pull the football away, Charlie Brown. The Dems usually fall for it. We need to drive the GOP into the sea and drown it. Take no prisoners. Let’s show the Orange Fecal Stain what “winning” really looks like.

1 Like

They would be incredibly lucky to pull off that landing.

It’s more likely to look something like this:

7 Likes

Mhmm. This:

said he supports Trump, but “not blindly,”

is smart rhetoric. Because what can the Trumpettes really say to that? More mealy-mouthed nonsense about “loyalty”? I think we know how well that language plays. That he should support the president blindly? That just sounds stupid.

6 Likes
9 Likes

The meaning of last night’s elections is a bit murky, despite Dem notions it signals more of the same in the future. I wonder what importance or significance foreign powers deduce from it all? Trump is in the middle of a trip where he’s flexing his muscles on trade and military matters. The heads of state he’s arm twisting have advisers that certainly watched the election results. Did the dynamics of any meetings change mid-trip for Trump?

1 Like

Headlines: Biggest Crash Aviation History!

3 Likes

He’s opposed Trump precisely once so far, according to fivethirtyeight. Yeah, he’s a Trumpite.

4 Likes

The less the coattails Trump provides, the more vulnerable he is to Mueller. It’ll make congressional Republicans think twice about jumping over the cliff with Trump. Or rather, they’ll be over the cliff only to find out Trump braked in time.

All around great night last night.

11 Likes

God I hope so and as publicly as possible.

I hope they all gather around their president for a big group hug. Then I hope he campaigns for every single one of them.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available