Discussion: GOP Rep. Faced Raucous Town Hall In Texas After Obamacare Repeal Failed

If HRC ran today, she’d win a majority of TX counties. That’s how bad this has become for the GOP. Red county voters are unmoored from the GOP agenda. Ripe for Dems if we can get Sanders to adopt Obamacare 2.0 Hillary style and tell his voters that the road to single payer comes in stages.

8 Likes

Yes she would.

4 Likes

It’s getting kind of hilarious how often one or both of them appears in either state. What drives me insane is that PP keeps coming to the one county in either state that voted against him by the largest margin.

3 Likes

Yes – and we can also thank him for stalling/killing mass transit for Houston and the surrounds in order to keep the money flowing from the concrete lobby.

4 Likes

Lots of them try this tactic…traveling to Butthole to hold a “constituent” meeting, scheduling a venue that holds a small amount of people, announcing meetings at the very last minute and then opening the doors an hour earlier than announced so that “selected” constituents are able to fill the seats, or better yet, holding a conference call meeting that enables them to “pick” the questions asked and avoid follow ups.

MORE of this constituent pushback is warranted and welcomed; Press for face to face town halls and show up in droves. Keep flooding offices, DC and local, with phone calls, emails and faxes. They are getting the message. Enough “moderates” got spooked that the Trump/Ryan abomination was killed…and it was because the public wasn’t buying the crap line about “access” to coverage.

5 Likes

When I think of what the original plan for Katy Freeway was, and what it turned out to be…

Pisses me off enough that I drive to Austin via 290 and take Memorial when I need to go out to the Villages.

1 Like

I sense something Indivisible.

1 Like

Preaching to the choir with this one, but it’s a simple breakdown

9 Likes

No kidding. And all those heavy rail right-of-ways that could have been used to connect east-to-west and north-to-south.

2 Likes

Not unlike Trump’s recent “Charlotte” rally (in Concord which is farm country and NASCAR heaven.)

Interesting. They want ObamaCare repealed, but want to keep funding for the State Department, National Institutes for Health, the National Endowment for the Arts and PBS. Who are these folks? They sound like part repub and part Dem.

Truthfully I don’t think they have one clue who they think they are.

The Freedom Caucus in particular. They are whoever Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the hate screamers tell them they are.

That’s what is wrong with our voters - radio hate screamers have convinced the dumbasses that they are victims of liberal perfidy.

7 Likes

Which is why in wave elections gerrymandering is a very dangerous strategy.

4 Likes

Lucky you. I’m stuck with Poe.

And on the gerrymandering here, for my zip code there are two possible Congresscritters: Poe or Sheila Jackson Lee.

@valgalky23

1 Like

TRUMP RUSSIA INVESTIGATION…

2 Likes

They’re still not listening. More heat!

In fairness, this is the conservative solution for everything. The only way to fix government is to burn it down and replace it with fewer freedoms.

3 Likes

…he was still committed to repealing and replacing Obamacare.

the beat goes on. I figured they’d do nothing and try to blame it on anyone but themselves. They can’t do anything because if they repeal it so many of their voters will be hurt by it and the only way to improve it is to make it even more government run and funded. Sadly Krugman points out how little it cost, percent of the budget wise, and how little extra it would take to really fix it, but they can’t do the latter because it shows everything the preach to be a lie.

Not only that, what will they use to rally their loony base without Obamacare?

They’ve just about worn out abortion.

1 Like

Gee, Sen. Dan Sullivan from Alaska maybe?

Well, I use “rural” in the sense they were in mostly small towns in rural areas far distant from cities with larger populations, or as we metropolitans think of it, it wasn’t in IC, CR or DSM so it’s out in the middle of nowhere.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available