Discussion: Fox Host Argues Stormy Daniels Payment Was Legal, Using Some Shoddy Logic

Hegseth added Thursday: “This is not what people who voted for him care about, ultimately.

4 Likes

Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, ‘cause I’ve worked in a lot of campaigns and I tell you candidates do that all the time.

8 Likes

Faux news makes an excuse for an illegality in the trump campaign?

I’m shocked I tell ya

2 Likes

Also, if Cohen advanced the $130k, he made an excessive contribution until he was paid back. A loan or advance is a contribution until repaid.”

I keep posting this story from early March - because it seems central to the current story.

7 Likes

Another fox commentator who seems to have gone to the IOKIYR School of Law.

2 Likes

I didn’t know anything about it
I didn’t do it
Ok I did it and it’s totally OK

6 Likes

Hegseth added Thursday: “This is not what people who voted for him care about, ultimately. They understand there’s some ‘there’ there on things. That’s not the issue.”

This line of reasoning could seemingly stand to dispel any act or behavior on Trump's part as inconsequential.

"Sure, Trump lures small boys into the Oval Office late at night for sex. But his supporters know there's some "there there" to a lot of accusations, and were willing to overlook it all when they voted for him, and even now with these new revelations."
3 Likes

Sad but true.

They’re all about a primal scream against the perceived loss of privilege and sticking it to the libtards.

2 Likes

and the other shoe hasn’t dropped yet.

However, looking on the ‘bright side’

2 Likes

From what I read, last year he was able to deduct the interest on the first $100K of the home equity line, but this year he has to explain how it’s being used to improve his place.

“Loan improved condition of residence because it resulted in a free visit from federal employees to remove unsightly files.”

12 Likes

Those of us who didn’t, however, do give a shit that he and his cronies, henchmen and other hangers-on actually obey our laws.

2 Likes

Honest to God. These people will twist themselves right up…until a Democrat is in office and then INSIST that we didn’t ‘understand’. No a shred of decency among them. Edited to add…no WONDER Petey boy is on FOX this morning trying to suck up to Donnie…that VA cabinet post is OPEN again…craven twit.

1 Like

OK there may be some “there” there but it’s OK with my base because that’s not why they elected me

1 Like

Let’s remember that Hegseth works for Rupert Murdoch, an amoral, greedy, venal guy who has been shown that he will do anything legal or illegal (wiretap, lie, manipulate, marry a Chinese spy) to further his ambitions, too.

1 Like

I can see the voir dire by Rudy now… “Prospective juror #23, ultimately do you care if President Trump violated federal election laws when he tried to keep is dipsticking with Ms. Daniels out of the press in the final days of the election?”

1 Like

It might be a good idea to keep this mess right. The legality of the payment is a back story. The front story is the payment. 130,000 bucks and why it was made. At this point no one is denying the payment was made. So lets keep our eyes on that and not let this be spun into an “it was legal” irrelevancy. Trump paid off a woman to STFU about an extramarital fling at the time he was dragging Bill Clinton accusers to rallies and debates.

1 Like
“This is not what people who voted for him care about,
 ultimately. They understand there’s some ‘there’ there
      on things. That’s not the issue.”

Right ! …

The issue is when immigrants talk about me in the grocery store in that jibber jabber while they pretend to be discussing a head of lettuce —

Like they think I don’t know how important I am …

They’re not fooling anyone !

2 Likes

Hegseth added Thursday: “This is not what people who voted for him care about, ultimately. They understand there’s some ‘there’ there on things. That’s not the issue.”

Thanks for the reminder that Team Trump is only concerned about what people who voted for him think. In the eyes of Team Trump, the question of whether a behavior is unethical, illegal and/or morally repugnant is just…irrelevant.

And as long as Trump has the spineless GOP congressblobs cowering in fear before the gibbering multitudes of angry, ignorant, deeply propagandized Trumpenproletariat – who they must now cater to in order to win re-election – those spineless blobs will continue to support and protect Trump, continue to empower his attacks on the DOJ and the judiciary, continue to help him duck legal accountability for his corrupt and traitorous actions. Well…at least at federal level…and at least as long as the GOP remains in power.

2 Likes

Catering to Trumpists to avoid or win primaries is how GOoP congresspeople are setting themselves up to lose the general election. Lots of ignorant, racist, misogynist argle bargle is being recorded and reported. It could turn up in ads, web ads, and campaign flyers. Or not, if the DCCC has it’s way… We don’t want to turn off moderate Republicans!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available