Discussion: Elizabeth Warren Says She's 'Troubled' By Reports Of Obama's $400K Speaking Fee

They swore it before, and this changes what exactly?

1 Like

(Points toward the door) GEEEET OUT!!!
We are trying to broaden our tent by demonizing whole sectors of the economy, here. If you, your industry, your job, your company arenā€™t on the approved, liberal list then we cannot, will not associate with you. Weā€™re also now going to be called the Mean Girls Party because we only accept the cool kids. Itā€™s how we roll now.

10 Likes

For all those who swore Obama is bent, getting paid the going rate (less than Kim Kardashian BTW) to talk about healthcare smells bad becauseā€¦ reasons.

5 Likes

Same group of people who attacked Obama for taking a vacation with a rich person.

5 Likes

True. I think he probably will as that has been his way but how much and which charity are now his personal business. Odd how little info we have on the finances of the person actually in office while still expecting so much from his predecesor. Also, Iā€™d rather they heard from President Obama that anyone else I can think of. They might learn something.

6 Likes

It reinforces their stupidity. Surely Obama must know this. And he could make 400K in better ways, more progressive ways.

Are we going to get an ignore button in the new and improved TPM, because we could sure use one.

7 Likes

I see. I disagree with you, so Iā€™m Russian? Brilliant.

I hope youā€™ll shut the fuck up after you read this because your inferences that the president is a huckster are really starting to disturb.

@tena @pluckyinky @brooklyndweller @katscherger @chelsea530

9 Likes

Thats a very Russian troll thing to say.

5 Likes

All 400K of him.

Obama is now a private citizen and I do not begrudge him in the least for taking that speaking fee. He is not running for office and is not in office, so I think if Warren was going to make a statement like that she should have said it better or not said it at all.

6 Likes

I donā€™t. And if he takes some of that money and sinks it into, say, getting Ossoff elected or helping Democrats take back the House, itā€™ll look even better.

6 Likes

So what?

Face it, Warren is just green with envyā€¦

1 Like

You are rationalizing. Okay.

Youā€™re a newly enrolled troll on whom Iā€™ve wasted too much time.

6 Likes

No he doesnā€™t.

He hurts your ā€œProgressive Purityā€ image that you project upon him.

You are aware that Ms. Warren makes 2 HOURS of phone calls daily to shill for campaign donations donā€™t you? and that the Senate has special ā€œchambersā€ located just off the main Senate floor expressly for this purpose?

Which is worse? Obama taking a speaking fee upfront and out in the open, or Warren trolling for campaign donations in secret?

6 Likes

I just canā€™t bring myself to care about this either way after I saw that picture of Malia sneaking a J. Now that just ruined everything.

1 Like

New troll, same as the old troll.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available