Discussion: Defending Senate Repeal Effort, Trump Trashes Obamacare

[quote=“mattinpa, post:9, topic:58031, full:true”]
Right now Trump wants a legislative win on anything and continues to hate Obama. But you watch when it turns out the law is not universally acclaimed. I guarantee, and will cheerfully bet everything I own and pretty much any body part you care to name, that if God forbid the repeal passes, he will completely disavow any responsibility when the howl of dismay goes up.
[/quote]“Obamacare was failing. I had to do something. This is the bill the Congress sent me. It’s not what I wanted, but I had no choice. I had to sign it to try to help the American people, who I love. I will fix it, and it will be great. Believe me, believe me.”

4 Likes

Elizabeth Warren’s is the best way to frame it. Bloodmoney -take away health insurance for millions of people to support tax cuts for the wealthy. Very simple.

3 Likes

”No one who currently is in the Medicaid program is affected in any way.”

“Derpiana has always been at war with Bullcrapia!”

10 Likes

Holy shit - that is one of the biggest lies I’ve seen.

This bill is so bad they may as well just repeal and leave it. We’d be better off with nothing than with this piece of shit.

3 Likes

Yea rhat is the problem that the Dems have, while we are concerned about the marginalized, down trodden, we have a difficult time explaining how eventually it will affect the rest of us.

For the most part GOP voters just do not care about others.

Trumpp has ended that war and brought the two parties together. They now prosper like never before. All hail the Master.

No it’s not and no you didn’t

What is so stupid about continually claiming Obamacare is failing is that the millions of Americans on Obamacare know it isn’t.

2 Likes

I just noticed the time on that tweet. No wonder he is incoherent. He gets no sleep.

3 Likes

It’s a conspiracy, the cuck RINOs want to FUBAR the US healthcare system so that next time democrats are in power, they will see no other solution than going full national single payer.

1 Like

This madman’s scorched earth policy of destroying anything Obama is a dangerous tantrum. Someone slip him some edibles, please.

1 Like

Damn that’s an excellent idea.

2 Likes

We’ve got this mess because the Democratic Party insisted on running America’s most hated woman, and Obama, as part of his plan to run the Party into the ground, was too cowardly to speak up about the Russian support for Trump. That’s the beginning and end of it.

I really hate the part where people no longer ridicule the use of Twitter to discuss important and complex policy issues. Not even nonplussed. Just dive in and accept it as a thing that’s normal and appropriate.

5 Likes

As predicted the worse impact of this bill starts to occur in 2019, after the midterms, and continues to take its toll in the years that follow. Large employers will no longer have to provide healthcare as required by the ACA, so its not just eliminating Medicaid as we know it, that will be impacted. Those large employers won’t face a penalty for not providing plans for their workforce anymore. Many of those people, who would want to try to get on expanded Medicaid or even Medicaid with a waiver instead, will no longer have that option either. If you leave your job that had insurance, it won’t be portable anymore, and you can only afford to be without insurance for two months or you’ll be charged more when you do manage to get new insurance policy. This is a horrible bill. The GOP wants to call this a healthcare bill. That is a damn LIE…Its not even that. Its a redistribution of tax advantages in our economy to the very rich.

3 Likes

“My brain? My brain is my second-favorite organ!”
—Miles Monroe in Sleeper

2 Likes

At the Iowa gullible people meetup the other day he bragged he’d signed “40 bills into law”, the truth is none have them have any lasting impact unless you count naming Federal buildings. In the same time period in their administrations

President Franklin D. Roosevelt began public works projects in response to the Great Depression, Mr. Obama had enacted a stimulus package to counter the financial crisis, and President George W. Bush had signed major tax cuts.

@thunderclapnewman

3 Likes

Briefly, the eventual elimination of Social Security and Medicare by overstressing and fiscally strangling the non-military federal government.

2 Likes

Yup, the end goal is the elimination of the entire safety net.

4 Likes

[quote=“covfefe, post:35, topic:58031, full:true”]
Trump is a piece of TRASH. Period.
[/quote]You’re much too polite, unless TRASH is an acronym with which I’m not yet familiar…

You better loosen your tinfoil hat.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available