Discussion: Congress Reels As Rexit News Hits Capitol Hill

Just so we are clear here… backing out of the Iran deal shows madsive disrespect to our European “allies” which they will not appreciate at all. It also, more importantly tells Iran to go ahead full gas to build their own nuke they can then threaten Israel with.

We need a more forceful word than just incompetent with which to describe trump.

4 Likes

It’s a return to the '80s when the Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense belonged to the Bechtel Corporation and the President was a puppet. Now with Russians and Koch bros…

That view of Bechtel was given new currency this year by the publication in March of The Profiteers, a Bechtel exposé by veteran investigative reporter Sally Denton. The book bashes the contractor for operating a revolving door for powerful government officials, hiring them for millions of dollars a year, then allegedly exploiting the connections to win business when they return to the highest echelons of government. She claims that George Shultz and Caspar Weinberger, who held top jobs at Bechtel in the 1970s and 1980s, promoted policies that aided their alma mater when they served as secretary of state and defense, respectively, in Ronald Reagan’s administration. According to Denton, Bechtel’s “wielding of unelected power is a cautionary tale of Wild West capitalism,” and the company is led by “a politically reactionary and authoritarian family” that “navigated if not designed the profitable symbiosis between government and industry.”

There’s a video that starts when you click the link, just FYI

That’s whatcha get when your president is a thoughtless jerk.

2 Likes

“My main concern is: does she now know that those techniques are not allowed?” Graham said. “At the time, there was doubt. Today, there is no doubt. That will drive my thinking more than anything else.”

Lindsay, hunny, those techniques were outlawed by the Geneva Convention after WWII. So they were never allowed in her or your lifetime. How’s that bite ya?

5 Likes

When wasn’t it clear that Trump had no business in the White House?

5 Likes

In 1980, David Koch ran on the Libertarian Party ticket. After yet another ignominious finish for the third parties, he realized that running for office wasn’t the way to change policy. Instead, he turned to pouring money into things like Cato and eventually ALEC to influence the politicians.

It seems like Bechtel was a step ahead of him at that point.

4 Likes

A side note:

In case there ever was any doubt, Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) is a fucking idiot:
“Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), while praising Tillerson’s likely replacement Pompeo…”

Pompeo will make Tillerson look like a great statesman, just like Trump makes Bush look like a great statesman.

4 Likes

Why worry now anout a secret back channel? Just pick up a phone and call or tweet. Nobody will say BOO about it anyway…

4 Likes

“My main concern is: does she now know that those techniques are not allowed?” Graham said. “At the time, there was doubt. Today, there is no doubt. That will drive my thinking more than anything else.”

Graham is another drooling idiot. “At the time, there was doubt" is correct, but exactly opposite to the way cowardly Graham wants things.

1 Like

They’ll get bloodied, but not completely battered, unfortunately.

1 Like

If there was real justice Melania would smack trump in the kisser… in public for all to see and marvel at.

1 Like

“Incompetent” is just the descriptor that can be used to characterize Trump’s behavior until malfeasance can be proven.

2 Likes

Looking at the recent decisions on immigration, guns, the Iran deal, etc., I am not sure it is clear right now whose appendage is in whose orifice. Seems to me that people like Cotton and Miller are pretty much running the country right now. With the elevation of Pompeo to SOS, I for one am continuing to crap my pants.

“Even Democrats who voted for Pompeo’s confirmation to lead the CIA last year now say they have concerns.”

Concerns sounds a lot like thoughts and prayers to me these days - meaningless drivel sprinkled over catastrophes like salt and pepper.

5 Likes

Lyin rAyn and Mitch McConartist will continue hiding in the witness relocation program and nothing will happen.

1 Like

“There will be alot of pressure to confirm someone quickly. Because we need somebody in the State Dept…”

Yes, we need someone so badly that the job’s last occupant could, with apparent caprice, be summarily dismissed while on official business.
So, why are we supposed to pick up the tab for Dear Leader’s irresponsibility.

3 Likes

So that’s what a reeling congress looks like? A bunch of Democrats and Flake? Meh.

1 Like

Senator Flake: “I do declare, that Mr. Hoyle would be dreadfully disappointed by this careless way of dismissing poor Mr. Rex. My, oh my!!!”

C’mon, Jeffy. Grow some nards and tell it like it is. Drumpf is a sordid, stinking, gelatinous chunk of crap with legs, who is lower than weighted whale shit. Say it. ***SAY IT!!!***!

I had to laugh too.

"Wyden (D-OR) quipped: “At the rate this administration is hemorrhaging
staff, pretty soon the President’s barber is going to play a big role in
American foreign policy.”

I am sort of holding out for the guy that preps Trumps McD’s order to head up the Space Force.

Simple two-step process:

1. Want to be President badly enough to kneel and suck.
    2). Practice, practice, practice.
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available