Discussion: Congress Reels As Rexit News Hits Capitol Hill

“Yet Republican allies of President Trump were unsurprisingly supportive of . . . “ everything Trump says or does, no matter what it is.

FIFY

6 Likes

Pompeo as State Dept? wholy shyt.

11 Likes

Shit Show Episode 418, Titled: Show Disobedient Rex and his Spox the Door Please.

5 Likes

Normally tight-lipped Tom Cotton? Cue the Mark Twain quote.

8 Likes

Nothing happened today.

3 Likes

the President and Secretary of State are on the same wavelength and I
think the President now will be,” the normally tight-lipped Sen. Tom
Cotton (R-AR)
I think that should be "increasingly tight-lipped Sen. Tom Cotton

3 Likes

“The State Department is in chaos,” Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL) exclaimed to
reporters, shaking his head as he stepped on the escalator in the
Capitol’s basement.

Yes, Putin didn’t want Trump to be POTUS.

7 Likes

It doesn’t take up that much room.

5 Likes

Which is worse, Trump’s nominees or Trump acting on his own?

5 Likes

and not adding that he wanted to be the CIA director…

5 Likes

Yes, the two should be on the same bat-shit insane wavelength, totally good for the country!

3 Likes

Not quite. They haven’t been able to pass anything but the tax cut. With the razor thin line in the Senate they will most likely need Democrats to pass anything.

7 Likes

“Even Democrats who voted for Pompeo’s confirmation to lead the CIA last year now say they have concerns.”

Concerns? What, that they’ll have to interrupt their daily naps to raise a few weak objections to the complete derailing of the country by imbeciles? Jesus H Christ! Dems should be breaking furniture and kicking doors down into the offices of the GOP to demand what in the living fuck is happening, and how fucking long will these disgusting bastards stand by while Putin nerve gasses our best ally, China builds airbases in intl waters and who knows what the hell else! There should be a full-on riot in the Capitol by the opposition party. But instead there’s… concerns.

18 Likes

Hopefully they’ll be 180 degrees out of phase.

4 Likes

My Mistake. Thanks

1 Like

In a world before Trump, the Congress would be investigating why serving in a U.S. presidential administration is at the pleasure of Vladimir Putin.

That is in his exit speech, Tillerson really needs to thank Vladimir Putin because he was clearly serving as Secretary of State at the pleasure of Putin. The only qualification Tillerson had for being Secretary of State was a friendship medal pinned on him by Putin.

5 months ago Trump praised Tillerson after Tillerson called Trump an F-expletive deleted moron because Putin was still praising Tillerson.

On Sunday Tillerson joined England’s Prime Minister in attacking Putin for poisoning/murdering people in England and the next day Tillerson is fired.

I will take all bets with anyone who disagrees that at least one of Putin’s attempts to open a back channel with Trump was successful.

12 Likes

There will be alot of pressure to confirm someone quickly. Because we need somebody in the State Dept. Anticipate another tweetstorm pointing at Dems as obstructing. Just like the last shutdown.

edit:
oops, maybe not. Thanks all for reminders about the no-filibuster rule.

1 Like

If there was any justice, we shouldn’t have to wait for the results of Mueller’s investigation to dump Trump. He should be immediately impeached and convicted on the basis of gross negligence and incompetence in discharging his duties. He’s an absolute buffoon who’s in way over his head, and doesn’t care if the country drowns under his watch.

10 Likes

I assume you’ve seen this. Pompeo has been in the Kochs’ pocket for years, funding his entire career.

15 Likes

SCOTUS nominations only require 51 votes now.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available