Discussion: Clinton Knocks Obama's 'Don't Do Stupid Stuff' Foreign Policy Approach

Discussion for article #226188

And so it begins. Hillary Clinton’s first steps in the great endeavor to remind us why we didn’t like her last time.

68 Likes

She went on to say, “Stupid stuff is what we’re good at. Why would we want to give that up? ps, let’s invade Iran.”

6 Likes

Obama intervened in Libya, and that turned out to be stupid stuff.

5 Likes

Timidity and caution are two different things.

26 Likes

This kind of foolishness is a serious indication that she’s not running for President.

8 Likes

The more she opens her mouth, the more stupid stuff comes out. By the time she’s elected, she’ll look just like George W. Bush in a dress. Remember, she did “stupid stuff” in voting for the war in Iraq. That was her “stupid stuff”, 2003 edition, and a main reason why she lost the 2008 nomination to Obama.

39 Likes

So her motto is “We’re not going to rule out doing stupid stuff”? Well, that’s encouraging.

24 Likes

You infer that which was not implied.

But congratulations on being diagnosed with CDS.

4 Likes

Hold on, what is wrong with “Don’t Do Stupid Stuff”? I think that is a very good motto. In fact, more people should try it.

37 Likes

Don’t do stupid stuff’ is a great first start as an organizing principle. She’s an idiot.

20 Likes

Interesting that Obama addressed this exact point in his Tom “Mustache of Freedom” Friedman interview, pointing out that the liberal opposition in Syria was a bunch of doctors and architects, and that McCain and Clinton are sharing a fantasy.

20 Likes

Hillary who voted for the “dumb war”…lest we forget…will never change. It’s long pass time to move on from her.

15 Likes

That’s that fuckin’ Clinton triangulation again. But, much as it infuriates me ethically, it’s essentially meaningless beyond the rhetoric. She’s not going to tell the truth regarding actual policy until/unless she’s elected.

And I want her to be elected. I don’t have to like her or trust her to KNOW that she is infinitely preferable to handing the WH over to the grifters, fanatics, and oligarchs who run the GOP.

28 Likes

Agreed. The advantage of the Clintons (and I say this with sincerity) is that they are not fanatics.

9 Likes

Her policy positions are less important than her Supreme Court picks—which would be far to the left of any GOP picks.

21 Likes

DAFUCK???

Wasn’t she the Secretary of State? So she’s criticizing her own foreign policy. Talk about having in both ways. Next she will take credit for getting Bin Laden since, ya’ know, she was Secretary of State.

P.S.

“Don’t do stupid shit” is great idea. The world would be a much better place if everyone approached like that.

Before we try to find out the smart shit and do that, we should find out the stupid shit, and deliberately not do that. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

18 Likes

Good to see her ingratiating herself with Neo-Cons and Third Way imbeciles. Why not just call herself a Moderate Republican at this point and be done with it?

17 Likes

The question isn’t “do you want her elected”. The question is “do you want her nominated”.

21 Likes

Unabogie hit that nail on the head. There’s no way we can allow a Republican to get in the WH, but Hillary is unelectable. Somebody needs to drum up some primary activity in the Democratic '16. I don’t think Warren (my choice) want’s it. And even if she got it, she might be another invitation for the “Loyal Opposition” to do another round of screw America! I don’t think the Country can survive that, again.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available