Discussion: Clinton Knocks Obama's 'Don't Do Stupid Stuff' Foreign Policy Approach

Please… just go away. Life is hard enough.

3 Likes

I hope we get a real primary contest.

7 Likes

Good old Hillary, always looking for a way to out-hawk the boys with her War Wisdom.

Please proceed!

7 Likes

How could she criticize the “dont do stupid shit” philosophy she executed as president Obama’s SOS. Who is she kidding? typical…she’s vapid and without a core.

I’m convinced her potential presidential candidacy is no sure guarantee.

8 Likes

And this why the neocons love Hillary. . . Because she is one.

16 Likes

Too much Hannity?

2 Likes

Shame on her.

Not to mention that ISIS was battling Assad, which is one reason we did not ‘intervene’ to topple him: he was fairly effective against this horror.

But hey, Hillary just doesn’t have the brains that Obama does. Too bad, I would love to see a woman as president, but not really her. She sways with the winds…

11 Likes

This makes me wonder… she is no leftist. She grew up as a conservative Republican and supported Goldwater. Then she shifted, but later. Her main ‘lefty’ credentials are her concern for the poor. But what actual policies has she supported to help them, not to mention the middle class, out? Vagueness is her M.O.

9 Likes

Hell yes.

1 Like

Maybe the grande dame needs a refresher like burns mccain:

here and here

Her support for the Iraq war simply makes me not want to trust her on foreign policy…it was very clear to any honest, objective thinker what was going happen when we invaded. It was the zealots and political opportunists that hoodwinked the american people into supporting that war. In a perfect world it should disqualify her from becoming president…but as of right now, given the current alternatives, I’ll still be voting for her.

6 Likes

“Hillary is unelectable.” Evidence?

1 Like

She may have executed the policy, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that she agreed with it. We’ve all heard/read accounts of meetings regarding policy issues in the Obama White House in which there was something less than uniformity of agreement (Afghanistan comes to mind).

I remember reading somewhere, shortly after Obama nominated Clinton to be his sec. of state, that that would be the perfect way to neutralize her (and, probably, her husband as well) politically: in that position, she had to present the official administration position; she wouldn’t be able to snipe from the sidelines. So, now, for better for for worse, we’re going to see what some of that sniping would have looked like.

6 Likes

My issue is she doesn’t need to suck up to the neocons or the RW. They hate her just a tad less than they hate Obama and no way in hell would they ever vote for a Dem anyway.

All this type of thing does is discourage her base.

Ugh.

13 Likes

Hmm. Hillary Clinton advocating doing stupid stuff. I haven’t made any firm decisions yet, but that might have lost her my vote in the primaries. Depends on who challenges her. She’s clearly trying to appeal to and pacify the right, which sticks in my craw a lot.

21 Likes

Please, let us never have this jerk as our president.

4 Likes

^What these two said.

I can win the game if my quarterback doesn’t throw any touchdowns, but I can’t win the game if my quarterback keeps throwing interceptions.

The world doesn’t get messed up because there are not enough smart people in it doing smart shit, the world gets messed up because there are too many people in it doing dumb shit.

9 Likes

Bashar Al Assad won reelection in June with 88.7% of the vote (with 73.7% of eligible voters participating). Even Syrians forced to flee the country voted in majority for Assad.

The election was a genuine endorsement of the leadership of Bashar al-Assad. 73% of eligible voters cast their ballots in the first ever multi-candidate direct presidential election in Syria. Assad secured 88.7 % of the votes. There were no allegations of electoral fraud or manipulation. It is significant that Syrian refugees in Lebanon and Jordan — hosts to the majority of refugees from the on-going war in Syria — voted overwhelmingly for Assad. (Google: "The Syrian Vote by Chandra Muzaffar).

How is it possible that Assad won so overwhelmingly when the Western media has been telling us that he’s a brutal dictator waging war on his own people? Something doesn’t jibe. Someone is not telling us the truth.

Why should we be arming rebels in a country that has chosen its leader democratically? Why should we tolerate presidential candidates who propose such an anti-democratic stance?

1 Like

Leftist? That’s a pejorative term that the likes of Limbaugh and Hannity use. In fact, generally it is only rightists that employ it.

2 Likes

I hope black voters withhold any support for her in 2016. I certainly will. Politics today is all about appealing to resentful white voters.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available