Discussion: Cleveland Police Demand Apology For Browns Player's Tamir Rice Protest

To quote a Deadspin commenter: “Get in line. The Browns owe everyone an apology.”

3 Likes

The protests are about a growing police state but are not limited to police wrongdoing and killings. The protests are also about what we the working class and members of the shrinking middle class see is the unfair society we see all around: low wages, income equality, joblessness, dysfunctional government, a degraded environment, and more societal issues.

3 Likes

What crust. The coroner ruled it a homicide, one we saw committed by a Cleveland policeman who was hired without thought for his qualifications (they ‘forgot’ to look at his previous police department’s assessment of him.)

It is the Cleveland Police who should apologized to Tamir Rice’s family.

My mother used to predict that someday our black athletes would realize how they were simply being ‘gladiators’ for their white masters and would decide they no longer wanted to play that humiliating and dangerous role.

3 Likes

Yes, I also heard the implied threat.

3 Likes

I noticed that as well - reads like a mafioso threat.

3 Likes

So a cop basically preforms a drive by shooting on on a 12 year old, and the police union demands an apology for saying someone should be held accountable!.. So can we finally put to rest the “few bad apples” argument now?

4 Likes

So the CPD is anti-justice?

1 Like

Okay, that is kind of funny.

Sorry for reiterating your post - we must have been typing at the same time.

It’s equally pathetic when cops believe they are above the law. How about we demand apologies from the cops for all the people they’ve shot and killed simply because it was too much bother to try other, less lethal options. Police unions are their own worst enemy.

6 Likes

Similar incident in a police department near me in the Bay Area. Police union protesting their police chief carrying a “Black lives matter” sign at a protest.

P. S. I see your name jacker was banned for a while. Yes!

2 Likes

If police departments want to stop people from exercising their First Amendment Rights … here’s a concept: Stop Shooting People.

12 Likes

What is WITH the police? Where’s the freakin’ apology for murdering Tamir Rice? I’m with the football player and where can I get one of those shirts?

3 Likes

We need to outlaw or disband police unions. They are evil. They are FAR, FAR more corrosive to society than teacher’s unions. Police unions fight to keep killer cops on the beat. They’ll do the same with Tamir Rice’s murderer. There is NO reason why cops need to have a union. They don’t need to collectively bargain and it puts those few good cops in a position of having to support their murderous brethren.

They should be permanently disbanded and outlawed.

1 Like

Yeah. That’s what I’d like to know. If some of the white players had the balls to support the black players , we might hear a different tune

What name jacker???

2 Likes

That only counts if you’re Sarah Palin or a repuke

1 Like

The ONLY apologizing the Cleveland Browns should do is to their fans for their pathetic effort against Cincinnati. As for the police union’s demand, the Browns’ reply to them should be(to quote Penn Jillette)…

“Fuck you in the neck, MOTHERFUCKER.”

Then ask them why they hired a cop who was fired from another department who was pathetic at his job, to be nice about it.

9 Likes

BLaCK crIMINALs get THEMSelves SHOT and HAVE the Nerve to BLAME the VERY peoPLE whO are HIRED to PRotect theM? INSANE

3 Likes

The police must feel guilty. Calling for “justice” in these instances isn’t inherently an indictment of the police. It’s also a comment on the justice system. However this clearly suggests that the police don’t want justice for situations where they may be responsible.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available