Discussion: Cleveland Police Demand Apology For Browns Player's Tamir Rice Protest

Unless the government is abridging it, then well, your speech isn’t free. Or according to the Constitution it isn’t.

5 Likes

“In the criminal justice system, the people are resented by two separate yet equally important groups. The police who instigate crimes and the district attorneys who refuse to prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.”

28 Likes

That’s a nice stadium we protect for you. Would be a shame if anything happened to it.

Cops are NOT above the law.

12 Likes

Democrats love public employee unions. Republicans love racist cops. Therefore, if you’re a member of a police union, you can literally get away with murder in America’s two-party system.

1 Like

This is the same CPD that DOJ found had a pattern of unrestrained unnecessary force just a week and a half ago?

5 Likes

Why are police and their union spokesmen always so thin-skinned and so quick to take offense at people who exercise their First Amendment rights?

6 Likes

I have to say that what’s transpiring around the country with out of control police, who clearly serve themselves first and foremost, and the revelation that police around the country are now receiving military weapons, have changed my mind about gun control. Until the police in this country are held accountable, demilitarized and begin to behave responsibly…I think it’s better that people are armed. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that police are being militarized…there IS going to be an economic collapse eventually, and with it social violence. I think the corporations and oligarchs would rather spend their wealth installing a police state to control the angry masses than allowing a more equitable society that would prevent angry masses of people in the first place. It’s corporate thinking.

2 Likes

Good on the Cleveland Browns for standing behind their player’s right to express himself.

11 Likes

I see no reason for an apology from the player. I do see more than ample reason for the police to apologize to Tamir Rice’s mom. And that’s in addition to parking that cops punk ass in jail for murder. After all that shooting has been termed a homicide by those who should know.

5 Likes

Fuck the police. Who the hell do they think they are. If they can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen

3 Likes

Keep it up Athletes! Must be working since you are getting under their skin.

Where are the White Athletes with protest tshirts?

9 Likes

Here’s one group, they are college players though. http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12023106/notre-dame-women-wear-breathe-t-shirts

5 Likes

This sure sounds familiar. Hey, does anybody remember the 'Shut up and sing," line the Teabaggers used to use on the Dixie Chicks?

6 Likes

I have police in the family. I have tons of respect for the job they do. Wanting to hold the few bad actors accountable for their actions, or to see signs that accountability is even a possibility, is not a sign of disrespect. I think the Cleveland police should apologize for demanding an apology.

16 Likes

It’s an arms race.

The police are afraid because everyone is armed to teeth.

3 Likes

I know, I imagine this kind of whining makes average cops cringe.

So we can’t protest violently, and we can’t protest peacefully. What’s left?

7 Likes

You only have it if you want to say the right things

1 Like

exercise of free speech - requires apology

killing black child - no apology required (probably wasn’t a good kid, anyway)

9 Likes

Police unions have no authority to demand anything. They can go screw their grifting selves.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available