Discussion: Charles Koch Likely Won't Back A Candidate In GOP Primary

Discussion for article #242751

“Charles Koch on Wednesday said that he will likely refrain from openly backing a candidate in the Republican presidential primary…”

“Openly” being the operable word here.

14 Likes

Why back one when they’re all in your pocket?

7 Likes

I almost wonder if this is his way of saying that now he’s not even sure if he can actually buy a candidate this time. I’m sure he’s padding somebody’s campaign pockets, but he stands to look like a fool when he drops however million into the Jeb! camp, and the insane base runs with a total joke like Trump or Carson.

2 Likes

The Koch brothers are two of the most influential Republican donors, and they have built a large network of conservative advocacy groups in the country. For the 2016 presidential election, Koch projects his network of donors will raise $750 million. The Kochs originally projected they would raise $889 million, and Charles Koch told USA Today that they may still exceed $750 million.

“When we do, it’s totally blown out of proportion,” he said.

Okay, so $750 million is out of proportion? Honestly, I wonder if there is a greed gene? I mean, these guys are worth nearly $100 Billion, yet they still want more! THEY NEED MORE! When does it get to the “Alright, I think I have enough now.” stage?

I’ll say it again, we ceased being a Democratic Republic a while back. We are now a corporate oligarchy.

10 Likes

Koch said that he does not decide who to support based solely on what they say on the campaign trail.

Instead, they’ll wait until that person pledges absolute fealty to them, and they know they’ll have a politician ready to do all their bidding while in office.

2 Likes

It’s beginning to dawn on them that their endorsements have become toxic.

2 Likes

Does Mr. Kock think that Fiorina, Carson, Paul, Cruz, Trump et al will be any different if they get the nomination? Worse, I can believe but they aren’t going to become better candidates or suddenly start caring because they win.

The Kocks should throw their money away with their pick and stick with them instead of hedging on who will end up wasting their money later.

I guess the idea is, save a little now then blow your whole wad in a hurry at a later date.

Just to mess with everyone these guys should throw their money to Bernie Sanders.

4 Likes

Shorter Kock: They all suck, but damn it, I’ll support whatever suck ass candidate survives to the general. Especially if I can use my 3/4 of a billion in support as leverage.

2 Likes

Does it matter if they can’t buy the Oval Office? They’ve done enough damage at the state and local levels. That’s what has to change.

1 Like

When asked why his family spends millions on elections,
Charles Koch said:

How sad for Billionaire Koch. He can’t find a Republican Candidate
worth buying.

15 Likes

And besides, his brother is backing two of them.

2 Likes

The idea is, why throw away your money on two different losers? Since they’re all equaly putzy, leave it to the Republican electorate to winnow them, and throw your money away just once.

2 Likes

OMG, look behind him in the photo…That’s where all those right Coulter and O’Reilly books must go.

1 Like

Same concept. Same, 'ignorant, concept, I should say.

We already know he backed Walker and Rubio.

When someone hosts a conservative confab for Republican Super Pac donners, you know they are pulling all the strings themselves in a smoked-filled room behind the scenes.

It doesn’t matter if they come out publicly supporting any candidate. The Kochs are running the entire GOP primary race because Jeb ! is such a weak candidate. Charles Koch is my candidate for the Dick Cheney Puppeteer Award of the Year.

3 Likes

They already lost enough money pushing Walker and Rubio has too many ties to the Havana mafia?

Oh, Carson and Trump can be bought just as easily as the rest. But they are both so unpredictable that it’s risky.

1 Like

When you cease being the son of the founder of the John Birch Society and imagine that you are a god?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available