Discussion: Bush: Under My Plan"People Should Work Longer Hours"

Discussion for article #238265

1 Like

After I retired from service to my country I worked for tech firms in the Silicon Valley before leaving high tech to co-found a research company.

It was common for me to put in eighty hour weeks while on salary plus bonus prior to doing my own thing.

I’ve no problem with working long hours Jebba, but I think people should be rewarded proportionally for their work. At some point a wage slave tires of simply being a catalyst for the fulfillment of others dreams while being expected to be at the beck and call of clients, upper management and the endless demands of shareholder return.

I was fortunate to have the wherewithal to make my own way, Not many are.

And don’t give me any “risk and rewards” crap. I’ve taken risks the likes of which you and your ilk have done your best to avoid.

64 Likes

Bush: Under My Plan"People Should Work Longer Hours"

Sounds like a winning slogan, ¡JEB!

33 Likes

And he’s the smart one???

48 Likes

And here I had thought I’d never have to utter the words “fuck you, Bush” ever again. Boy was I wrong,

54 Likes

Jeb just lost the election. Goodbye, Jeb.

30 Likes

Under Hermano de Dubya’s plan, we can all channel our inner Jamaican and get 7 jobs apiece to make ends meet.

Now, in the interests of looking for a solution instead of complaining about the problem, I propose this admittedly radical and impractical plan as a compromise:

IMPROVE THE FUCKING WAGES AND STOP OUTSOURCING, YOU ASSHOLES.

31 Likes

50 Likes

You lazy Lima Bean mon!

5 Likes

Commencing walk-back and “I was misquoted” in 3… 2… 1…

15 Likes

You know, I don’t think even Sarah Palin would utter something that stupid and not expect a fair and well-deserved horse-whuppin. Good dog, man, your silver spoons are showing.

40 Likes

“I misunderstated what I thought you’d want to hear.”

14 Likes

Why don’t you talk to your buddies in the House and see if they can find that lost Jobs Bill Jeb ??-- Maybe when you flunkies start doing your jobs, I’ll think about doing more of mine –

11 Likes

I think you may be right. Asking people to work longer - i.e. until 68 or 70 - is one thing (and I don’t agree that this is a good idea). But it is really tone deaf and offensive to ask the average American to start putting in more hours next week just to be able to survive (and keep the tax breaks for the 1%)

24 Likes

Dafuq!?

8 Likes

It’s Jeb’s version of ¨Let them eat cake!¨

21 Likes

Out of touch plutocrat just like his father and brother. I can’t believe none of his economic advisers told him that productivity has been rising for 30+ years with no comparable increase in income.

52 Likes

Born into wealth, never had to work at all, and yet he tells us we need to work more hours.

Fuck you Jeb you fucking fuck, fuck you right in the fucking ass.

39 Likes

I was a scientist. I taught 1 st yr Medical students and did research on ovarian cancer at a medical school. There was no overtime pay. My income was never extravagant and it was common especially when writing grants or papers or doing experiments to miss meals, sleep and family. Generally on most normal days I got to work at 7:00 AM and headed home at 6PM.
I get the feeling from Jebs comment that he wants ordinary folk to work harder so he doesn’t have to.

35 Likes

One more thing Jebba the Butt, your family is not exactly known for building sustainabile businesses that afford your employees damn near anything for their hard work…

All firms Shrub aside I’ll always remember your brother Neil trying to leave town with my and other investors/depositors monies in the Silverado Savings meltdown.

Did Neil work all those extra hours or did he just awaken from a cocaine induced stupor one day to learn that the rug was leaving the room under his very feet? And try to escape under cover of darkness??

42 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available