Discussion: Boehner's Netanyahu Invite Is An 'Unprecedented' Diss Of Obama

Israeli relations will be in the shitter for the next two years unless Bibi is dumped by the Israeli voters. He is a buffoon in my view.

3 Likes

" anonymous Obama administration officials have been quoted calling the Israeli prime minster “a chickenshit.”
He is no different then any republican in Washington so yep, he’s “a chickenshit”
judging by the way his war is going he probably really came to see Dick Cheney.

2 Likes

Gee, which nation gets eradicated under that scenario?

Merriam-Webster has the noun definition with the first known usage back to 1659. Oxford Dictionary has the noun definition as well dating it to the mid 16th century. Oxford has it labeled as informal whereas MW does not. They both have ain’t listed as informal with “usage notes” designating it as inappropriate for written speech. They do not have the same notes for invite.

This looks to be part of the forthcoming 2016 US Presidential campaign. Bibi is probably going to say something along the lines of “I tried to tell the US that Putin was going to be a problem but the only person who would believe me was Mitt. And I have here in my hand proof positive that Iran has the following capabilities and has cheated on the following agreements.”

Where the rubber meets the road is whether he does in fact have proof of anything or whether we will be dealing with another version of 'aluminum tubes." Boehner is certainly dumb enough to fall for the latter.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that any gain that Bibi would gain in Israel by showing he has friends in Congress will be pretty much instantly vaporized if the president refuses to meet with him. His opponents will jump all over that. Because Bibi can’t get anything done for Israel without the president.

1 Like

Netanyahu isn’t Boehner’s pawn, Boehner IS Netanyahu’s pawn.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve gotten to know my President and have faith that he can either plan or come up with a diss of his own off the cuff.

Netanyahu (yahoo) is just the next right wing chump in line to get schooled by President Obama.

2 Likes

I think they are trying to manipulate each other, and will both fail with this stunt.

“As Rosanne Rossana Danna would say”…Miss Emily Litella

There is always the glory hole.

Foreign relations are typically the province of the Presidency, not Congress. For Boehner to take this action, it’s a serious breach of protocol, and a ratcheting up of the aggressive partisan behavior we can expect from the new Republican control of Congress.

3 Likes

Well financed Republicans without talent have been winning so many elections in the last 20 years as opposed to Republicans who actually know what they’re talking about, that Boehner seems to have overreached himself. First of all, the Republican House is not known for its foreign policy chops. The Senate has Republicans in foreign policy like Graham and McCain but given how things things have been evolving around the world over the last thirty years, and particularly since the invasion of Iraq in 2003, one has to be concerned about the considerable evidence that the thinking of even these two gentlemen is a bit dated. A party that cannot admit the size of the fiasco that was the war in Iraq should be doing more learning and listening, and less showboating. At the very least, they should be denying a seat at the table by someone as reckless as Cheney who is not exactly known for being a straight shooter.

In fact, given the political nature of today’s Republican Party and the fact that a large percentage of power seems to flow from oil fields and related executive suites and wealth large enough to casually buy politicians, perhaps we should all be looking at the foreign policy experience of fossil fuel executives? For example, what do two radical libertarians like David Koch and Charles Koch know about foreign policy? Given the involvement of Fox News in many of these discussions as well as the perpetual promotion of incompetent Republicans, what do Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch know about foreign policy? Perhaps those involved in foreign policy shouldn’t be talking about no go zones in the cities of Europe based on comments of European right wingers who have as little regard for facts as right wing Americans. When conservative experts peddle such nonsense, how can anyone expect ordinary Republicans to give us a foreign that makes any kind of sense?

And in case any Republican is confused, Netanyahu does not run our foreign policy.

3 Likes

I called this out here about a month or two ago and there was some who accused me of being anti-semitic – I hope this story clears that up for them. ( I’m looking at YOU Caterpillar )

It smacks of desperation on both parts.

From the GOP, the last 6 years have been an unprecedented diss of Obama.

2 Likes

John Boehner, forever Bibi’s “little spoon.”

If popcorn is not the official snack of Iranians, it soon will be.

Having listened to some talking heads on MSNBC and reading print media stories, I understand better what the purpose is of Bibi speaking to Congress, and what I understand is this. It’s an attempt on the part of a foreign government leader to lobby this government to vote on Iran’s nuclear capabilities which is in direct opposition to what the administration is pursuing with Iran. Boner is aiding and abetting a move against Obama, it is in fact “a poke in the eye”, and with complete disregard of protocol on foreign leaders speaking to our government’s leaders. The speaker is disrespecting this president in the most blatant way possible.

4 Likes

More than that, the Constitution prohibits others from even interfering in foreign policy. I guess the Presidents needs to file a lawsuit against Boner.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available